Product | Scottsdale, AZ | Full Time
Who are We?
Remarkable Health is a growing Scottsdale, AZ based software company. Our success is imprinted with our core values which includes successful relationships, empowering people to become the best version of themselves, continuous improvement focused, solutions based environment and practicing everyday leadership.
Our software helps Behavioral Health and Human Service groups automate administrative and billing tasks so the providers can focus on helping more people and spend less time behind a computer screen. We are building out our team and looking for both ambitious and enthusiastic partners that share our values and interest in being part of something bigger than any one person.
Remarkable Health is honored to be recognized by BestCompaniesAZ as one of the 100 Best Arizona Companies of 2017! Check out our company profile page on the 100 Best website: https://lnkd.in/eKFz2Ah
We are proud to be featured in this article - 17 Companies That Are as Great as Google (and Hiring Now!): https://www.themuse.com/
What’s This Role About?
The Product Owner works to understand our core business, to discover and deliver suitable product offerings that are valuable, usable and feasible. The analyst’s core function will be to translate these offerings into requirements and a prioritized product backlog for our Software Development teams. The analyst will interact with Remarkable Health customers, software architects, engineers and quality assurance to ensure that these teams not only have a clear understanding of the requirements but grasp the “why” behind them.
This role is critical in the development and execution of product priorities, roadmaps, as well as building the necessary product development documentation and requirements to communicate with involved parties and help drive the day-to-day tactics for product delivery.
Who We’re Looking For
- Are you a detail oriented, organized and highly analytical individual with a knack for digging in to areas for improvement?
- Intrigued by the opportunity to embrace the product vision by understanding the customer voice?
- Strong in accountability and humility when exercising the autonomy that comes with making decisions related to the product?
- A natural communicator with the ability to be a strong team player that values collaboration?
- Excited about execution and seeing things through to completion?
- Excellent at reviewing product backlog and understanding priority, risk and value?
- A master of user story mapping in order to add a second dimension to the product backlog?
- Agile and able to act on three levels: strategic, tactical and operational?
- Well-versed in Agile Methodology?
If you see yourself in these qualities, then this is the role for you!
What You Will Be Doing
We are looking for someone to help us:
- Work with customers and internal technical teams to support product enhancement projects.
- Perform analysis and requirements gathering efforts for multiple concurrent projects.
- Gather business requirements using methods including stakeholder interviews, joint application development sessions, and product comparisons.
- Translate business requirements into clear and concise requirements for the development team to implement.
- Document business requirements using methods including business process flows, swim lane diagrams, use cases, data flow diagrams, and system requirements specifications.
- Define and ensure acceptance and testing criteria are captured and followed.
- In collaboration with product manager, senior management and stakeholders, define project scope, goals, business case, project charter and deliverables as needed that support business goals.
- Participate in Scrum activities, lead and manage backlog grooming, assist in sprint planning.
- Participate in typical Project Management duties including creating and ensuring proper milestones are reached in the targeted timeline, status reporting, and issue resolution.
- Create and review product documentation, including Release Notes, and assist with testing and validation activities.
- Create internal training tools, including user guides and help articles.
What You Need
We need you to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, business, or related field or equivalent years of experience.
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a business and/or product owner capacity, including aspects of analysis, requirements gathering and documenting mission-critical enterprise-grade applications
- Experience in working on an Agile Scrum team.
It’s a plus for you to have:
- Business Analyst Professional or Product Owner Certification desired
- Experience in a Product Owner or similar role.
- Experience working in a start-up technology company.
What We Offer
- We’ve got your benefits! Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance and 401k
- 9 company recognized holidays, and a floating one of your choice!
- Free snacks and drinks (Everyone loves the Peanut M&Ms!)
- Relatively casual dress code (Want to wear jeans to work? Go for it!)
- Adjustable standing desks and an office treadmill (Because, who really wants to sit all day?)
- The fun and collaborative culture of a start-up with the stability of a seasoned organization (We really are REMARKABLE!)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.