Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Manufacturing | Santa Rosa, CA | Full Time
Relucent is located in Northern California's Sonoma County wine country in Santa Rosa, California, Relucent is a proven partner for medical device development and manufacturing.
Responsible for process development and improvement in manufacturing including design and development of tooling as required. Areas of responsibility will include supporting all manufacturing operations at Relucent.
Description of work performed, including, but not limited to:
Design and develop manufacturing processes for new products, product changes and enhancements, and related tooling and fixtures which are consistent with a zero-defect level as well as low product cost.
Create and maintain tool drawings and shop orders in coordination with the Quality Assurance and R&D functions.
Coordinate work of assigned technicians and temporary workers as needed.
Plan and schedule projects in a manner consistent with corporate objectives. Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, and processes.
Maintain current knowledge of medical, technical, and biomedical developments as related to company products.
Support prototype and pilot production of new products, product changes, and enhancements in coordination with the Manufacturing and Quality Control functions.
Participate in facilities engineering and planning when appropriate.
Work with product development staff to ensure that products under development are optimally manufacturable and to resolve manufacturing issues.
Procure and oversee outside vendors and consultants as required. Maintain quality systems, including pre-production quality assurance as well as post production quality system requirement compliance in coordination with the Document Control, R&D, and Quality Assurance functions.
Complete accurate and timely manufacturing documentation including manufacturing procedures, materials records, etc.
Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, and QSR.
Work with customers to meet their expectations, transfer customer feedback to quality or production where needed.
- Develop manufacturing tooling and equipment to provide manufactured or assembled parts meeting cost quality and timing objectives.
- Define test standards and specify test equipment and procedures where appropriate.
- Establish test and inspection procedures for in-process and final acceptance activities.
- Participate in design and development activities to assure manufacturability of new products and improvements to products.
- Manage the transition of products from the prototype to the production phase.
- Design and/or specify tooling, fixtures and equipment for manufacturing processes.
- Provide input for product quotations including tooling and equipment costs as well as estimates of standard and non-standard labor content.
- Assist with identification of root cause for in-process, final test and field failures and implement corrective actions.
Essential Requirements to Perform Job:
- Previous experience designing tools, jigs and fixtures.
- Previous experience identifying and sourcing capital equipment for manufacturing.
- Ability to read drawings and schematics.
- Technical skills in manufacturing processes including flow, layout and process optimization.
- Familiar with common measurement techniques and tools.
- Experience with testing and inspection equipment.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skills in a complex, interrupt-driven environment.
- Effective troubleshooting skills and familiarity with effective problem analysis methods.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc..) and knowledge of SPC or CAD software a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Hands on capability to perform assembly, failure analysis or repair of products.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering – preferably BSME, BSEE, BSIE or significant directly‑related work experience accompanied by demonstrated success in a similar role.
- At least 4 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiarity with standard concepts / tools including but not limited to:
- Six Sigma
- Lean Manufacturing
- Design / Process FMEA
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Principals only, no phone calls and no recruiters please.