Nightlife & Event Security
Operations | Entertainment District | Part Time
Position: Nightlife Security
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: Downtown Kalamazoo - 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
Nightlife Security are responsible for ensuring the safety of our guests as well as an exceptional customer experience with friendliness and product knowledge. The individual is responsible for upholding all liquor control laws related to liquor control and the fire department regulations.
- Help to create an incredible guest experience.
- Treat all guests with respect and eagerness to help in any way.
- Carding ALL Customers with ID system.
- Enforcing dress code.
- Ensuring customer safety.
- Upholding liquor control laws.
- De-escalating altercations with customers.
- Bussing and general cleanup throughout the night.
- Cross promoting venues.
- Work closely and harmoniously with teammates to setup, operate and teardown venues.
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold policies & procedures at all times.
- A strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- A positive attitude, and well kept appearance.
- Ability to follow directions and execute a plan.
- HIGHLY dependable.
- Experience working in high volume nightlife environment.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- A positive attitude and well kept appearance (no tattoos or piercings).
- Positive work history (dependability, compliance, performance).
- Ability to commit to employment contract w/6 month commitment + 3 week notice.
- 15+ hours per week (average).
- Thurs/Fri/Sat + on call as needed.
- 8+ hour shifts (5pm to 3am).
- Additional hours available in other positions, venues or businesses.
- Competitive hourly rate
- Performance bonuses
- Fun work environment.
- Skills development.
- Opportunity to work in other venues or businesses.
- Opportunity for advancement into management.
Thank You For Your Consideration!