Operations | Entertainment District | Part Time
Position: Line Cook
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
The line cook is responsible for preparing high quality food items consistent with menu specifications while working with a team.
- Help to create an incredible guest experience.
- Treat all guests & vendors with respect and eagerness to help in any way.
- Produce high quality food & beverage service per timelines.
- Preparation and plating of prepared food to the proper specifications.
- Prep of product for restaurant and banquet meals to requested specifications.
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold policies & procedures at all times.
- A strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- A positive attitude, and professional appearance.
- Ability to follow timelines and execute a plan.
- Some line cook experience in a high volume establishment preferred.
- Positive work history (dependability, compliance, performance).
- Ability to commit to employment contract w/6 month commitment + 3 week notice.
- 25+ hours per week.
- Competitive Hourly Rate
- Fun work environment.
- Skills development.
- Opportunity to work in other venues or businesses.
- Opportunity for advancement into management.
Thank You For Your Consideration!