Operations | Entertainment District | Full Time
Position: Event Planner
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
The Event Planner is responsible for the planning and oversight of all event plans for all event types within The Entertainment District. This highly organized and technologically savvy individual oversees 150+ client plans, in 350+ events per year.
- Create an incredible guest experience through detailed planning and thorough communication with clients, guests, vendors, suppliers and staff.
- Treat all customers, guests, vendors and staff with utmost respect and eagerness to serve.
- Work with coordinators, customers, guests, entertainers, vendors, suppliers and staff to finalize event plans and ensure preparedness for setup and event day.
- Schedule, oversee and communicate to event staff .. before, during and after event.
- Utilize checklists and update systems daily.
- Report on events results nightly. revenue/labor/costs..etc
- Help maintain facilities and avoid damage to property, inventory, furnishings or equipment by following sop's.
- Uphold Company Policies & Pricing at all times.
- A positive attitude, and well kept appearance.
- Organized & detailed orientated.
- Prepared & punctual.
- Strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Ability to work harmoniously with teammates.
- 1+ yrs planning events in a high volume establishment preferred.
- Experienced with computers, event software and spreadsheets.
- Ability to commit to employment contract with 3 year commitment + 6 week notice.
- Positive work history (dependability, compliance, performance).
- Competitive Wage/Salary
- Performance Bonuses
- Up-selling based commissions
- Health Coverage Reimbursement
- IRA Contribution
- F&B Accounts
- Mobile Phone & Computer
- Paid Holidays/Vacation/Sick
- Be part of Industry leading team and develop a broad range of skills for future career goals.
- Position could lead to higher roles within The Entertainment District, or within related companies.
- Exposure to best in industry software and technology.
Thank you for your consideration!