Operations | Entertainment District | Part Time
Position: Bar Back
Organization: The Entertainment District
Location: 310 E Michigan - Kalamazoo, MI 49007
The Entertainment District is made up of 10 venues on 6 floors in over 55,000 sq ft, located in Downtown Kalamazoo. The district offers nightlife, concerts, special events and private events that include corporate parties, holiday parties, social events, loft weddings, rooftop ceremonies, and overnight accommodations in penthouse suite 601 and 602.
OUR MISSION .. is to provide a big city experience with trendy environments, hospitable service, delicious food & beverages, amazing entertainment, and well maintained facilities and furnishings.
The Bar Back is responsible for stocking the bars before and during operation, as well as assisting the bartenders with general needs relating to customer service.
- Create an exceptional guest experience.
- Ensure all bars and areas are stocked before and during operations.
- Transfer products and update transaction logs.
- Work with teammates to setup, operate and perform closing duties.
- Protect company property and products from damage and loss.
- Uphold company policies & pricing.
- A strong desire to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- A positive attitude, and well kept appearance.
- Positive work history (dependability, compliance, performance).
- Ability to commit to employment contract for 6 months & 3 week notice.
- Experience is not required but appreciated.
- 15+ hours per week.
- Fri/Sat + Special Events.
- 7+ hour shifts ( 8pm to 3am ).
- Additional hours available in other positions, venues or businesses.
- $4.50 plus tips (above market)
- Participates in bar staff tip pool.
- Fun Work Environment.
- Opportunity to work in multiple venues.
- Opportunity for advancement into management and other companies.
- High performers will be promoted to bartenders.
Thank You For Your Consideration!