Intern to Hire Hedge Fund Analyst
Internship | New York, NY | Internship | Opened 3 months ago
Platinum Point Capital is an early-stage hedge fund making structured investments in middle-lower market public companies. The firm has executed > 60 transaction since November 2018. We are seeking an intern to join our team who has recently completed an undergraduate degree, or is expected to do so in the next 6 months. It is our intention to convert a successful intern into a full-time hire inside of one year.
At this time, we are only considering current undergraduate seniors and recent graduates in the New York City area. Only candidates who meet requirements below will be considered.
- Prior Investment-banking internship at a top-tier or middle-market investment bank; will also consider interns with exposure to financial modeling for LBO finance at a private equity shop
- Track record of academic excellence from a top-tier university (preference towards NYU and Columbia)
- Strong understanding of public markets
- Strong desire to originate deals, and break into buy-side finance
- Business Development; prospect companies for potential fund investment
- Financial Modeling and Analysis on potential PIPE transactions, Convertible Preferred Deals, RDOs
- Build relationships with executives of target investments, and lower/middle-market investment banks who can broker deals for the fund
- Pitch investment ideas to Principals
- Assist with trading operations
- Reconcile trades and cap-table
- Analyze transactions