Software Engineer - Backend
Engineering | Foster City, CA
TechShed operates in a fierce startup culture where we move fast and take risks, where what you brainstorm in the morning can be implemented in the afternoon. Folks who are afraid of impassioned whiteboard debates and rowdy ping-pong games need not apply. We’re looking for people who are zealous about building products that drive billions of dollars in revenue.
Our philosophy relies heavily on working hard and playing hard: Life at TechShed includes company ski trips, wine tastings, and work-abroad opportunities. Sound like a good time? Come build things with the company that builds things in America.
- Free catered meals and a fully stocked kitchen — hone your latte-art skills here
- Free shuttle service to/from SF and Caltrain — load up your Clipper card on us
- Gym reimbursement and wellness incentives — our office is bicycle-, scooter- and dog-friendly
- Tuition and industry-related conference reimbursement — we support your career development
- Work-abroad opportunities — take your laptop and see the world
- Medical, vision, & dental coverage — we want you to take care of yourself
- 401K Matching & ESPP (purchase our stock at a 15% discount) — get stocked up
Take a look at what it's like to work at Techshed:
About the Job:
- Write code. Clean, elegant, practical, well-covered code - primarily in Python.
- Work with other people who you will learn from -- who are dedicated to improving each other's craft.
- Own your code. You wouldn't hesitate to perform production support for stuff you've built.
- Proactively fix bugs and solve problems. You die inside a little every time someone else finds a bug in your code, and work tirelessly on (occasional) time sensitive issues that crop up.
- Contribute to a service that will help millions of people solve problems & make them happy.
- Take pride in writing modular, clean, simple, maintainable, well documented, code.
- You've contributed to the back end of a database-driven website that's seen some scale.
- Excellence derived from your talent, not expertise with specific tools or technology.
- You prefer small, agile teams that push regularly. You are fine with wearing a dunce hat when you break the build. You're okay working on production systems with little or no QA support.
- Lifelong learner. Love to experiment and iterate. Pragmatic. Get things done. An independent team player. Not afraid to ask for help.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in computer science, information systems or related field.
- Python fluency. If you work with us, you'll mostly code in Python. Expertise with Django or other web frameworks would be great.
- A strong foundation in computer science, information systems and/or math - MS, PhD.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis. You enjoy database schema design. You've done performance optimization
- APIs: You've built and supported your own. You've built and maintained integrations with other people's.
- Open source contributions that have been used by thousands of other developers.