Contract Home Improvement Writer
Marketing | Foster City, CA
We are a home improvement service company looking for a talented, detailed-oriented writer with expert knowledge in home repair and installation. We're looking for a writer to build a long-term relationship with and are willing to pay a competitive rate.
We would like to create an informative and educational resource that provides the best information within our home industry service. It is important that this writer adheres to our writer's guidelines and template, while using experienced judgement calls when certain guidelines need to be broken.
The writer MUST have the following background and abilities:
- Be available Friday through Sunday (weekends only).
- Responsible for writing time-sensitive, high quality content
- Worked in the home improvement industry with first-hand knowledge of home installations and repair.
- Experience writing for a leading home improvement publisher.
- Have a strong understanding of industry rates for repairs and installations. (Know what influences prices in terms of square footage, materials, custom builds vs store-bought, and contractor skill level.)
- Be able to seamlessly implement interactive features into template (i.e. how-to videos and tutorials, product recommendations, project guides, and buying guides).
- Huge bonus if you are a certified contractor, electrician, plumber, carpenter, or trade professional.
When applying, please include your resume and a brief description detailing your previous professional home improvement and writing experience.