SOC Tier 2 - Cyber Security Analyst
Managed Security Services | Remote - Singapore | Full Time
[redacted]’s cybersecurity capabilities hail from commercial & cyber security industries and government intelligence & defense agencies. Our staff has defended Global Fortune 50 companies, start ups and critical government systems alike.
We combine our experience, expertise and unique training to ensure our clients are able to operate securely and can respond accordingly to ensure business continuity with minimal impact to their operations, staff, partners or clients. We recognize that in cybersecurity one solution does not fit all. We collaborate with our clients to prioritize business needs and ensure success with the most relevant security controls.
Doing the right thing is not optional. Extending our ingenuity to empower our clients is in our DNA.
As a Tier 2 Security Operations Center (SOC) cybersecurity analyst, you will be responsible for the daily triage of alerts from all of [redacted]'s clients. Our clients include corporate managed detection and response clients, Cyber Executive Protection (CEP) clients, and internal [redacted] business units.
[redacted] is seeking candidates that want to get immersed in the field of cybersecurity by performing mission critical SOC analysis and Incident Response. Individuals that want to learn the best practices of cybersecurity from experienced intelligence professionals and cybersecurity thought leaders are best suited for this position. Candidates for this position should have the relevant experience within complex analytical roles that include security event investigations, incident response, forensic analysis, and malware reverse engineering, report writing, leading projects, leading teams and mentoring.
- Complete training for Tier 2 SOC analyst position including appropriate certification of readiness for SOC operations.
- Work assigned shifts that will include 24x7x365 coverage of Tier 2 SOC duties.
- Perform triage of alerts from intrusion detection systems, antivirus, cloud-based services, windows servers, network infrastructure, data loss prevention systems, and user behavior analytics.
- Escalation of alerts into incidents based on their severity including prioritization of the alerts for follow on incident response activities.
- Provide feedback on process improvements and how to eliminate false positive alerts from the SOC workflow.
Collaboration with Managed Service Providers and clients to deal with inbound requests for information from the SOC during normal duty hours.
- Participate in ongoing skill development to build incident response skills to support complex investigations.
- Lead tech projects to improve overall security landscape.
- Lead incident response teams during incidents with our customers or internal business units.
- Interface with our customers for various threats, concerns and issues.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, associated Cybersecurity field of study or equivalent experience.
- Academic and/or working experience with TCP/IP networking, and networking services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, MacOS, Linux-variant operating systems such as the file system structure, system services, typical behavior of endpoints and servers.
- Advanced knowledge of cloud-based services such as Google GSuite and Microsoft Office 365 productivity tools.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- Comprehensive understanding of Incident Response Handling procedures, Cyber Kill Chain and the MITRE ATT&CK framework.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with peers, across teams, and with management.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Formal cybersecurity training or certifications in relevant fields including incident response, intrusion analysis, penetration testing or hands-on system administration is a plus.
- Excellent customer service skills.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy.
- Generous home office and monthly internet reimbursements.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, public transportation, and parking expenses.
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits and life insurance.
- Wellness program that provides monthly points that can be used for mind, body, and soul activities, discounts, and gift certificates.
Redacted is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Redacted will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with applicable laws.