SOC Tier 1 - Cyber Security Analyst
Managed Security Services | Remote - Singapore | Full Time
[redacted]’s cybersecurity capabilities hail from commercial & cyber security industries and government intelligence & defense agencies. Our staff has defended Global Fortune 50 companies, start ups and critical government systems alike.
We combine our experience, expertise and unique training to ensure our clients are able to operate securely and can respond accordingly to ensure business continuity with minimal impact to their operations, staff, partners or clients. We recognize that in cybersecurity one solution does not fit all. We collaborate with our clients to prioritize business needs and ensure success with the most relevant security controls.
Doing the right thing is not optional. Extending our ingenuity to empower our clients is in our DNA.
As a Tier 1 Security Operations Center (SOC) cybersecurity analyst, you will be responsible for the daily triage of alerts from all of [redacted]'s clients. Our clients include corporate managed detection and response clients, Cyber Executive Protection (CEP) clients, and internal [redacted] business units.
[redacted] is seeking candidates that want to get immersed in the field of cybersecurity by performing mission critical SOC analysis. Individuals that want to learn the best practices of cybersecurity from experienced intelligence professionals and cybersecurity thought leaders are best suited for this position. Candidates for this entry-level position will have the opportunity to gain relevant experience and over time progress into more complex analytic roles that would include incident response, forensic analysis, and malware reverse engineering based on their aptitude, performance, and potential.
- Complete training for Tier 1 SOC analyst position including appropriate certification of readiness for SOC operations.
- Work assigned shifts that will include 24x7x365 coverage of Tier 1 SOC duties.
- Perform triage of alerts from intrusion detection systems, antivirus, cloud based services, windows servers, network infrastructure, data loss prevention systems, and user behavior analytics.
- Escalation of alerts for Tier 2 investigation based on their severity including prioritization of the alerts for followon incident response activities.
- Provide feedback on process improvements and how to eliminate false positive alerts from the SOC workflow.
- Collaboration with Managed Service Providers and clients to deal with inbound requests for information from the SOC during normal duty hours.
- Participate in ongoing skill development to build incident response skills to support complex investigations.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, associated Cybersecurity field of study or equivalent experience.
- Academic and/or working experience with TCP/IP networking, and networking services such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, MacOS, Linux-variant operating systems such as the file system structure, system services, typical behavior of endpoints and servers.
- Basic knowledge of cloud based services such as Google GSuite and Microsoft Office 365 productivity tools.
- Rudimentary familiarity with Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure.
- A plus is any formal cybersecurity training or certifications in relevant fields including incident response, intrusion analysis, penetration testing or hands-on system administration.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy.
- Generous home office and monthly internet reimbursements.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, public transportation, and parking expenses.
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits and life insurance.
- Wellness program that provides monthly points that can be used for mind, body, and soul activities, discounts, and gift certificates.
Redacted is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Redacted will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with applicable laws.