Senior Security Researcher
Research | Remote - US | Full Time
[redacted]’s cybersecurity capabilities hail from commercial & cyber security industries and government intelligence & defense agencies. Our staff has defended Global Fortune 50 companies, start ups and critical government systems alike.
We combine our experience, expertise and unique training to ensure our clients are able to operate securely and can respond accordingly to ensure business continuity with minimal impact to their operations, staff, partners or clients. We recognize that in cybersecurity one solution does not fit all. We collaborate with our clients to prioritize business needs and ensure success with the most relevant security controls.
Doing the right thing is not optional. Extending our ingenuity to empower our clients is in our DNA.
As our Senior Security Researcher, you’ll produce high-quality applied research for the Redacted team, from concept to execution, across many platforms. You will work independently on many projects but also take directions from Redacted team members across the organization. The Senior Security Researcher should be creative and passionate about using high-performance distributed databases and data analysis tools. This position is full time and will report directly to the VP of Engineering.
- Develop applied research examining and reverse-engineering technologies.
- Develop/enhance Redacted data collection, aggregation, and analysis systems.
- Develop high-quality, high-performance distributed systems in Golang, Python, C/C++, Java, Node.JS.
- Develop upon and integrate with other services within the Redacted application and development stacks.
- Work closely with Redacted operations teams to help develop and optimize solutions.
- At least 10 years professional experience collectively as a DevOps engineer, software engineer, and cybersecurity professional.
- At least 5 years of experience as a cybersecurity professional.
- Familiarity with OllyDbg, IDAPro, Binary Ninja, Ghidra, WinDbg, or other modern debugger/disassembler.
- Proficient in high-level programming languages (C/C++, Java, Scala, Go, etc) and scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, etc).
- Knowledgeable with modern application and data structures.
- You’ve operated in a DevOps culture, burning down a backlog with your peers and delivering iterative value towards a big picture business outcome.
- You’ve been singularly responsible for the architecture, design, development, and implementation of a single security solution in a professional context.
- Strong, well-rounded background in host, network, and application security.
- Advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and network services, such as DNS, SMTP, DHCP, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of internet security issues and the threat landscape.
- Expertise with one or more interpreted programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, etc.).
- You have strong opinions, but you know when to give and collaborate with your peers and your clients.
- B.S. degree or better in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- 10 years experience programming with Python, C/C++, Golang, Node.JS, or similar programming language.
- 10 years experience with Unix/Linux system administration and programming.
- 5 years experience with distributed databases.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy.
- 401k plan to help you plan for the future.
- Generous home office and monthly internet reimbursements.
- Unlimited leave policy - take time off when you need it.
- Competitive parental leave policy (up to 6 months of fully paid parental leave.)
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, public transportation, and parking expenses.
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits and life insurance.
- Wellness program that provides monthly points that can be used for mind, body, and soul activities, discounts, and gift certificates.
Redacted is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Redacted will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with applicable laws.