Internal Application: Oversight - Non-Technical
Operations | Remote | Full Time
Redacted is a cyber risk management firm in stealth mode. We work with executives and corporate boards to manage cyber risk.
The Oversight Officer monitors and reports results of the compliance efforts of Redacted operations and in providing guidance to advisory and operations on matters relating to compliance. The Oversight Officer is authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program. As an Oversight Officer, you will work both independently and as part of a team to support client's and Redacted's needs by ensuring all data is protected under various laws and regulations.
- Help prioritize operations and operational teams
- Back up Oversight during non-availability
- Be the decider during operational execution
- Exercise good judgment between operations and protecting our clients
Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program ("Program") and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Observes day-to-day operation of the Program.
Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Legal, Advisory, and Operations) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the Legal as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
Monitors, and as necessary, coordinates compliance activities of operations to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
Identifies potential areas of oversight vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and relates activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- 4+ year college degree or 4+ year "tech" industry experience
- Consulting experience within the area of cyber security or related industry
- Understanding of privacy and security, especially within tech industry
- Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance to keep you and your family health
- Competitive retirement plans to help you plan for the future
- Take time off when you need it
- Among others...