IT System Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
Redacted is a cyber risk management firm in stealth mode. We work with executives and corporate boards to manage cyber risk.
A system engineer at Redacted will have responsibility to design, deploy, and manage the enterprise systems and networks on a variety of cutting-edge platforms. A successful candidate will help develop and understand requirements from internal customers and create technical solutions to improve productivity and services. A candidate must have a strong technical background, be innovative and agile, collaborate well in a distributed team environment, and have very strong communication skills.
- Contribute to the design, implementation and ongoing management of the corporate network
- Develop automated methods to build, deploy, and remediate system and network services
Minimize operational complexity
Analyze data to diagnose and identify root causes to system and network issues
Develop and maintain consistency within Redacted's infrastructure
2+ years of experience with a scripting language
4+ years experience deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting applications in a UNIX/LINUX environment
- Sharp and tenacious troubleshooting skills: you can fix anything
- Good knowledge of basic large-scale internet service architectures (such as load balancing, CDN's, IaaS)
- Configuration and maintenance of common applications such as Nginx, RADIUS, LDAP, NFS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, DNS, and SNMP
Good communication skills
Detail oriented and careful
- Experience with Elastic Search, Logstash, Kafka, Apache NiFi, and Hadoop
- Automation of system deployment and maintenance with Ansible
- Virtualization with VMWare ESXi and Docker
- You know how much wood a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy
- Competitive retirement plans to help you plan for the future
- Take time off when you need it
- Among others...