It Support/Jr. Sysadmin
Engineering | Remote - US | Full Time
[redacted]’s cybersecurity capabilities hail from commercial & cyber security industries and government intelligence & defense agencies. Our staff has defended Global Fortune 50 companies, start ups and critical government systems alike.
We combine our experience, expertise and unique training to ensure our clients are able to operate securely and can respond accordingly to ensure business continuity with minimal impact to their operations, staff, partners or clients. We recognize that in cybersecurity one solution does not fit all. We collaborate with our clients to prioritize business needs and ensure success with the most relevant security controls.
Doing the right thing is not optional. Extending our ingenuity to empower our clients is in our DNA.
[redacted] Is seeking a Jr Sysadmin and IT specialist for fully remote corporate environment
Position is mostly internal IT support, user onboarding, hardware deployment with care and feeding of user facing systems and some infrastructure. We encourage candidates with a strong dedication to quality control, customer service and continuous learning and self-improvement. Because we are global 24/7 and fully remote the ability to be self-directed and follow through with projects from start to finish and also have effective time management skills is a must.
The IT Support/Jr. Sysadmin will:
- Excel in customer service with strong communication skills.
- Have the ability to work well with employees from different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
- Excel in data collection and investigation in regard to a recurring issue.
- Function effectively as a team member.
- Maintain internal knowledge base and documentation.
- Provide troubleshooting and assistance with commonly used desktop and web-based productivity software products.
- Assist users in resolving technical error(s) not directly under the control of [redacted].
- Analyze problems and, subject to problem complexity and resolution time constraints, either solves it or escalates to the appropriate team.
- Assist engineers during scheduled downtime, outages, and critical emergency situations.
- Help with maintenance duties of system hardware and software, testing patches, updates/upgrades and new releases, and ensures all system backups are performed according to schedule.
- 3+ years systems administration experience.
- 3+ years apple desktop/laptop fleet deployment and management.
- 2+ years in remote asset management.
- Deep experience with Apple environment.
- Experience deploying and managing an MDM environment with Jamf software.
- Knowledge of Office365 and Gsuite environments is a must.
- Asset management and vendor relations for purchasing and replacing hardware, software.
- Use and management of Confluence, Jira Atlassian suite.
- Knowledge of VMware Vsphere and Veeam environments.
- Familiarity of Azure GPC AWS environments.
Nice To Have:
- Experience with HP and Dell Server hardware.
- Certifications are a plus.
- Bachelors Degree in Information Science, Computer Science or relevant work experience will lend an advantage.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance to keep you and your family healthy.
- Generous home office and monthly internet reimbursements.
- Pre-tax savings plans for health care, public transportation, and parking expenses.
- Short-term and long-term disability benefits and life insurance.
- Wellness program that provides monthly points that can be used for mind, body, and soul activities, discounts, and gift certificates.
Redacted is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Redacted will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment in a manner consistent with applicable laws.