DevOps - Data Engineer
Engineering | Remote | Full Time
Redacted is a cyber risk management firm in stealth mode. We work with executives and corporate boards to manage cyber risk.
As our DevOps Data Engineer, you’ll produce high-quality data-driven infrastructures for the Redacted team—from concept to execution—across many platforms. You work independently on many projects, but also take directions from Redacted team members across the organization. The DevOps Data Engineer should be creative and passionate about using high-performance distributed databases and data analysis tools. This position is full time and will report directly to the executive team.
- Develop/enhance Redacted data collection, aggregation, and analysis systems
- Develop high-quality, high-performance distributed systems in Python, C/C++, Java, and Go
- Develop upon and integrate with other services within the Redacted application and development stacks
- Work closely with advisors and special projects to understand new data requirements, create processing pipelines, and improve overall performance
- Work closely with Redacted engineering teams to help develop and optimize solutions
- Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent experience
- 4 years experience programming with Go, Python, C/C++, or similar programming languages
- 4 years experience with Unix/Linux system administration and programming
- 2+ years experience with distributed databases
- SQL or NoSQL database experience such as Elastic Stack, Cassandra, HBase, Drill, Parquet, Redshift, etc.
- Previous experience working with Logstash pipelines
- Previous experience developing frameworks, platforms, APIs
- Publisher/Subscriber data models
- You have qualms with the "flying squirrel" and can articulate them.
We’re focused on creating the best experience for you through a holistic approach to benefits and perks. We work hard to make sure you have the best care and resources to thrive at all stages of your life, both inside and outside of Redacted.
Here’s a snapshot of some of the benefits we offer:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance to keep you and your family health
- Competitive retirement plans to help you plan for the future
- Take time off when you need it
- Among others...