People & Operations Internship (Fall 2018)
Operations | Brooklyn, NY | Internship
Reboot solves civic problems by working with change agents within governments, civil society, and philanthropies to achieve their social missions. With offices in New York and Abuja, we work at the intersections of open government, media development and international development to build healthier information ecosystems and accountable government.
About Internships at Reboot
Reboot’s Interns are more than “just interns.” Our Interns provide concrete support to our operations and programmatic work, and they are deeply embedded within our broader team. In addition, internships include an in-depth learning component comprised of regular information sessions with members our team, providing insight into how a small social impact firm operates and Reboot’s methodology.
We are seeking a People & Operations Intern to support on vital organizational functions. This is a unique opportunity to learn about and contribute to the operations and people management of a dynamic and growing social impact firm.
This intern is the oil in the gears that allows Reboot’s Business Operations team to run smoothly. This well-rounded, team player is a behind-the-scenes all-star, helping to coordinate office management and recruitment efforts, and take on various internal projects.
The ideal candidate has some formal experience or interest in business administration and/or human resources. You are detail oriented, proactive, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty. You are interested in learning about how superb recruitment and operational practices support organizational effectiveness. You have shown, through your studies and work experience, a commitment to making the world a better place, whatever that means to you.
This is a paid internship based at our offices in Brooklyn, New York, starting on or around September 4, 2018, and running through December 15, 2018. The commitment is 3 to 5 days per week, depending on availability.
Human Resources and Recruitment (60%)
- Review incoming applications for a range of positions;
- Participate in weekly syncs, liaising with the hiring team and Associate Director of People & Operations as needed;
- Coordinate and schedule phone screens and in-person interviews; print and share applicant materials ahead of interviews;
- Contribute to updating the existing Employee Handbook.
General Operations (30%)
- Office management and administration: take minutes at staff meetings, order supplies as needed; liaise with building management to ensure Reboot Team is comfortable and productive (i.e. notify the front desk when copy machine requires maintenance); support planning and logistics for in-house meetings and events;
- Travel: liaise with travelers to identify and secure itineraries, accommodations, and other logistics to ensure a safe and seamless travel experience.
Knowledge Management & Process Innovation (10%)
- Contribute to the development of internal processes within Reboot to improve organizational agility, efficiency, and impact;
- Ensure frequent knowledge transfer between the BizOps team and Programs team members.
- Work on additional internal projects pursuant to interest and capacity.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree student at an accredited university or college, majoring in business administration or a relevant field (e.g. operations management, human resources, etc.). Or, if your academic training differs explain why it’s relevant or why we should hire you anyway.
- Some familiarity with recruitment or personnel management.
- Empathy, discretion and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Can multitask with ease and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google apps, familiarity with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Excellent communication skills, including full fluency in English.
- An appreciation of complexity, comfort with ambiguity, a sense of humor, and a fan of cute office pups.
- Interest or experience with international development;
- Knowledge of another language.
Reboot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reboot respects and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training, or development of employees on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, race, national origin, religious belief, political opinion, age, or disability. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits our firm and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Reboot and this role.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis; priority will be given to those submitted by August 13, 2018.