People & Operations Intern
Operations | New York, NY | Internship
Reboot is a social impact firm dedicated to inclusive development and accountable governance. We help governments, foundations, and international organizations achieve their missions.
We are seeking a People & Operations Intern to support on vital organizational functions. This is a unique opportunity to learn about and contribute to the operations and people management of a dynamic and growing social impact firm.
This intern is the oil in the gears that allows Reboot’s BizOps team to run smoothly. This well-rounded, team player is a behind-the-scenes all-star, helping to coordinate office management and recruitment efforts, and take on various internal projects.
The ideal candidate has some formal experience or interest in business administration and/or human resources. You are detail oriented, proactive, and willing to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty. You are interested in learning about how superb recruitment and operational practices support organizational effectiveness. You have shown, through your studies and work experience, a commitment to making the world a better place, whatever that means to you.
This is a full or part-time opportunity based at our offices in Brooklyn, starting in early May and running through August. This is a paid internship; the minimum time commitment is 24 hours per week.
Human Resources and Recruitment (60%)
- Review incoming applications for a range of positions
- Participate in weekly syncs, liaising with the hiring team and Associate Director of People & Operations as needed.
- Coordinate and schedule phone screens and in-person interviews; print and share applicant materials ahead of interviews
- Contribute to updating the existing Employee Handbook
General Operations (30%)
- Office management and administration: take minutes at weekly staff meetings, order supplies as needed; liaise with building management to ensure Reboot Team is comfortable and productive (i.e. notify the front desk when copy machine requires maintenance); support planning and logistics for in-house meetings and events.
- Travel: liaise with travelers to identify and secure itineraries, accommodations, and other logistics to ensure a safe and seamless travel experience.
- Work on additional internal projects pursuant to interest and capacity.
Knowledge Management & Process Innovation (10%)
- Contribute to the development of internal processes within Reboot to improve organizational agility, efficiency, and impact;
- Ensure frequent knowledge transfer between the BizOps team and Programs team members.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- A Bachelor's or Master’s degree at an accredited university or college majoring in business administration or relevant field (e.g. operations management, human resources, etc.). Or, if your academic training differs explain why it’s relevant or why we should hire you anyway.
- Some familiarity with recruitment or personnel management.
- Empathy, discretion and keen attention to detail.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints. Can multitask with ease and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google apps, familiarity with applicant tracking systems (ATS).
- Excellent communication skills, including full fluency in English.
- An appreciation of complexity, comfort with ambiguity, a sense of humor, and a fan of cute office pups.
- IT management experience;
- Interest or experience with international development;
- Knowledge of another language.
Reboot is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Reboot respects and values diversity. We are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination in the recruitment, retention, training, or development of employees on the basis of gender, gender identity or expression, race, national origin, religious belief, political opinion, age, or disability. Diversity of perspective and experience benefits our firm and helps us deliver our best work; we encourage qualified individuals from all backgrounds to apply.
Please complete the application through the link below. Include your CV and a cover letter that describes why you believe you would be a good fit for Reboot and this role.
Only complete applications will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, priority will be given to those submitted by March 30, 2018.