Multiple | Abuja, Nigeria | Internship
Reboot is a design research agency dedicated to social impact. We partner with leading organizations to deliver policies and programs that make development more inclusive and government more accountable.
The internship offers a unique opportunity to learn and contribute to programs, communications, advocacy, and business development units at a dynamic social enterprise. Everyone at our tightly-knit firm must feel comfortable wearing multiple hats, jumping in at short notice wherever help is needed, and occasionally taking on administrative and highly-detail oriented tasks. This is especially true of this position.
It is critical that you are comfortable taking directions from multiple people but also be able to motivate yourself and work independently. If you are a genuine team player, strong verbal and written communicator, critical thinker, and a quick learner, please read on.
It is a paid internship based at our office in Abuja, Nigeria, starting from May 2018 - September 2018. The commitment is for four days per week depending on your availability.
Communications & Advocacy:
- Contribute to editorial strategy, generate ideas and support the creation of articles and blogs through background research and copy edits, draft news items, and also produce content for the monthly newsletter.
- Shape the development of Reboot’s digital strategy and manage Reboot’s social media presence through snappy daily updates and tweets.
- Coordinate outreach to bloggers, journalists, academics, practitioners, policymakers and other thought leaders to share our work with new audiences.
- Scour the web for relevant articles, reports, academic publications, and events to share with the Reboot team and our social media networks.
- Copyedit programs deliverables (reports/presentations) and proposals.
- Support Reboot’s client engagements, with a particular emphasis on documentation, research synthesis, and analysis.
- Conduct desk research using a variety of resources—white papers, case studies, project evaluations, articles, blogs, and academic journals.
- Participate and document meetings including project meetings, research interviews, and client calls.
- Search for events for Reboot to attend, evaluate speaking requests, assess the value-potential events for internal decision making, and develop ideas and pitches for potential speaking opportunities.
- Manage Reboot’s event participation by liaising with coordinators on logistics and supporting team members in preparing talks and outreach.
- Contribute to strategy and design of Reboot’s in-house events.
- Take part in early-stage business development, help the team assess upcoming opportunities both formal and informal, uncover and develop new relationships and business leads.
- Support proposal development along with the business development team to turn Reboot’s approach and philosophy into impactful projects through research, writing, formatting, and copy editing.
We’re looking for a whip-smart, enthusiastic team-player who is great at writing and research and committed to social impact. Also helpful: a sense of humour, comfort with ambiguity and appreciation of complexity.
Beyond that, our ideal candidate has:
- A degree in communications or relevant fields, or commensurate years of experience in communications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You must excel at and enjoy writing in all forms and have a nuanced understanding of the need to adapt tone, voice, and message to channel and audience.
- Experience in conducting qualitative research. Experience and training in user-centered and design thinking methods are highly preferred.
- A high degree of demonstrated professionalism, attention to detail, and client services orientation.
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and interest in intercultural collaboration.
- Ability to work under tight time constraints, multitask, and adapt to frequently changing priorities.
- Written and spoken fluency in English, knowledge of an additional language is preferred.
To apply, please follow these instructions;
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in the position and what you hope to gain from working at Reboot
- CV detailing your experience
The position will be open until filled.