Internal Application: Programming Director - Youth Workers
Adult Leader Events and Programs | Minneapolis, MN | Full Time
Real Resources is a non-profit Christian faith-based organization that exists to serve churches by providing Christ-centered resources and experiences for ministry, through its ministries YouthWorks, Youth Specialties, and e625. We equip and encourage churches through training, events, and resources so they can help teenagers find and follow Jesus.
The Minneapolis-based Programming Director – Youth Workers gives oversight to all aspects of events and programs for youth workers, pastors, and adult leaders (e.g. National Youth Workers Convention - NYWC).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Programming Director – Youth Workers is responsible for creating, developing and communicating the mission and vision of events and programs for youth workers, pastors, and adult leaders, including, but not limited to:
- Vision Development, Planning, and Coordination of the National Youth Workers Convention (NYWC) and all future Adult Leader Events and Programs
- Coordinating the schedule for events and programs in collaboration with Shared Services
- Collaborate with Real Resources shared services teams (Marketing, Events and Operations, Sales, Customer Service, etc.) to facilitate successful events and programs
- Develop and maintain a 3-5 year strategic plan of adult leader events and programs
- Create and articulate vision for all aspects of adult programs and events including site selection, theme, program, budget, speakers, etc.
- Assist shared service teams in identifying and vetting sponsors and partners
- Manage and allocate event and programming budgets in collaboration with Shared Services teams:
- Develop budgets for youth ministry leader events and programs
- Ensure budget accounts for all revenue and expense categories
- Achieve or exceed financial projections
- Responsible for maximizing the event experience:
- Manage the development of topics
- Identify appropriate speakers/talent
- Develop vision for how talent/speakers and programming can best support theme
- Collaborate with project manager to plan and carryout details of events
- Assess current issues, trends and needs in youth ministry in order to keep offerings current, innovative and timely
- Additional tasks which support the overall ministry of Real Resources may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 5 years of experience in youth ministry; preference is given for a degree in ministry
- Strong faith and knowledge of scripture
- Vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and comfortable sharing personal faith story and expressing of faith as part of regular job duties and responsibilities
- Exceptional detail-orientation skills and ability to solve problems in real time, while under pressure
- Strong work ethic, drive, and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Adept at leading and working alongside various teams including staff, contractors and ministry leaders
- Willingness to take initiative to improve processes
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as ability to build rapport with customers and talent
- Thrives in a fast paced, quickly changing environment
- Deadline driven
- Willingness to learn quickly and contribute to the overall success of Real Resources
- Commitment to the Core Purpose and Values of Real Resources family of ministries
- Experience developing programming elements for large events from several hundred to several thousand participants
- Deep understanding of program design for large events (over 500 participants) preferably for adolescents and youth workers.
- Effective leadership and project management skills
- Detail oriented and gracious under pressure
- Understanding of youth ministry culture and understanding of denominational structures
- College coursework in youth ministry
- BA in ministry, management or other related fields
- Ability to sit, walk and/or stand for extended times
REPORTING: The Programming Director – Youth Workers reports to the Youth Specialties Leadership Director.
TRAVEL: On occasion during the year, based on ministry events and operational needs.
HOURS: This exempt position is full-time, year-round, and may require evening and weekend hours as needs necessitate (especially during travel). This position is based 100% of the time in Minneapolis, MN.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS: Salary commensurate with qualifications and eligible for benefits after waiting period as defined in Employee Handbook.
We will begin reviewing applications and enter the interview process in early September. Our ambitious desire is an October 2nd start date for this role.