Accounting Intern (Summer 2018)
Finance | Minneapolis, MN | Internship
The Accounting Intern will work out of our Minneapolis office and primarily be assigned to a region of the country and receive reports from all mission sites within the selected region, audit the reports, and record the transactions in the Microsoft GP accounting system.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Accounting Intern will be responsible for assisting the Minneapolis Finance Team in carrying out a variety of tasks to support the summer mission season.
- Responsible for performing internal auditing functions of summer financial reports for an entire region of YouthWorks summer staff sites.
- Reconcile summer sites’ financial reports, including verification of account coding, calculations, and review of supporting documentation.
- Communicate with summer site staff regarding questions, issues or clarifications.
- Recording summer site transactions in accounting records using Microsoft Dynamics GP.
- Additional tasks which support the ministries of Real Resources may be assigned if other duties are complete.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exhibit integrity and character, including respect for confidentiality
- Proficiency in Excel
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Detailed and thorough work style
- Demonstrated administrative skills
- Ability to work independently, without close supervision
- Strong organization, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to learn quickly
- Strong work ethic and initiative
- Active and growing Christian faith life, comfortable sharing personal faith story, and expression of faith as part of regular job duties and responsibilities
- Accounting majors, studies, or skills
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended times
The Finance team is responsible for reconciling, recording and reporting on the financial activity of the ministries of Real Resources, including YouthWorks, Youth Specialties, and e625, in order to facilitate cash management, budget, and financial decisions, and ensure the integrity of all Real Resources ministries’ financial transactions.
Real Resources is a nonprofit Christian faith-based organization that’s core purpose is to “help the Church be the Church by providing life-changing, Christ-centered resources for ministry.”
REPORTING: The Accounting Intern reports to the Finance Team Manager.
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: Three full-time (30-40 hours per week) positions are open for summer 2018. We are looking for one intern to start as soon as possible for 10-15 hours/week prior to the summer. Interns must be able to work May 31st to August 17th, 2018.
HOURS: Core hours for these positions will fall within the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
COMPENSATION: Interns will be paid $11/hour. There are no benefits as this is a temporary, seasonal non-exempt position.