Regional Program Director - Dallas
Program | Dallas, TX | Full Time
Regional Program Director - Dallas
Reading Partners launched in 1999 with the mission to expand opportunities for children in underserved communities by fostering a lifelong love of reading, developing strong literacy skills, and building the confidence and self-esteem critical to empowerment and community development. Reading Partners provides children with robust one-on-one reading support through a structured, research-based curriculum that engages students and provides basic building blocks to supplement their academic growth. On average, Reading Partners students gain 1.6 months of reading skills for every month in the program.
Working in partnership with teachers, schools, and community volunteers, Reading Partners has grown from serving 100 students in 2003 in northern California with a budget of $180,000 to serving over 5,000 students in California, Washington, D.C., New York, Texas, Maryland, and Colorado with a budget of over $13M. As one of only a handful of nonprofits to receive two highly competitive federal Social Innovation Fund grants, Reading Partners has plans for continued rapid growth into other regions. For more information about Reading Partners, please visit www.readingpartners.org.
WHAT WE DO AND HOW WE DO IT
Reading Partners is dedicated to transforming struggling young readers into confident readers who are excited about learning.
How we do it:
- Focus on children from low-income communities.
- Give one-on-one instruction at the student’s reading level.
- Recruit and train community volunteers to work with children.
- Partner with high-need elementary schools to offer an effective program on campus.
- Provide a way for volunteers to give a small amount of their time to make a huge difference in a child’s life.
The Regional Program Director is accountable for, and managers all aspects of, program operations in Dallas. The Regional Program Director oversees programming for a dozen or more elementary schools, and coaches a staff of 15+ Program Managers and Coordinators. This leadership role provides the opportunity to manage, grow, and expand the organization’s footprint in a particular region.
- The Regional Program Director reports to the Executive Director - Dallas Region.
- This position supervises and leads a team of Program Managers.
Leadership and Strategic Planning
- Build infrastructure and capacity to support future growth of the region.
- Work with the Executive Director - Dallas Region to align, set, and achieve programmatic goals
- Lead staff through training, and the implementation of launch and growth plans for sites
- Collaborate with other Regional Program Directors and members of the National Operations team to develop and implement a system for sharing resources and best practices across all Reading Partners locations
- Assist the National Office in leading a broad coalition of nonprofit, for-profit, and governmental entities to work together to affect students’ reading success.
Staff Coaching and Management
- Build and support a high-caliber staff of program professionals.
- Model and implement strategies to address current and future employee relations and retention needs (i.e. conflict resolution, communications strategies, and performance management).
- Work in collaboration with other Regional Program Directors and the National Operations team to develop and execute professional development and management trainings for all regional staff.
- Partner with other Regional Program Directors and Program Managers to develop and oversee onboarding, training and orientation process for Student Coordinators.
- Oversee and deliver professional development and management trainings for Program Managers and volunteers in Dallas.
- Develop and oversee the facilitation of training of new volunteer tutors within the region.
Program Management and Quality Assurance
- Act as quality assurance officer for each school site in the region.
- Execute a rigorous program monitoring and evaluation system designed to provide the highest levels of program delivery.
- Support Program Managers in developing and monitoring individualized intervention plans for all students at each program site.
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience teaching or developing curriculum for K-12 education
- Demonstrated success in staff or volunteer recruitment
- Proven success in leading and managing teams, training and coaching volunteers or paid staff
- Demonstrated abilities to manage growing programs
- Experience using data and reporting to guide decision-making and programmatic quality assurance
- Exceptional communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- A commitment to local accountability and an understanding of the role of a regional leader within a national organization.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, highly adaptive environment.
- Ability to interact effectively with diverse groups.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- M.Ed., MBA, or other relevant postgraduate degree.
- Experience in the field of K-5 education within the context of Title I schools.
- Relationship management experience at the district level.
- Experience working with nationally or regionally scaled high growth nonprofits.
The Regional Program Director travels daily within the Dallas region, and travels on occasion to the Reading Partners national office in Oakland, California.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL DEMANDS
Requires prolonged sitting with some bending, stooping and stretching, eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, telephone, photocopier, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Also requires moderate to intense concentration due to complexity and/or need to meet deadlines, and flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
This is a full-time, exempt, salaried position with comprehensive health, dental and vision benefits and a generous vacation, sick and holiday schedule. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please submit the following application materials to our online job posting:
- Thoughtful cover letter: describe your interest in the position, relevant experience/qualifications, and salary history for the last three positions held.
Reading Partners is an Equal Opportunity Employer, with a strong commitment to diversity in the workplace.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Position will remain posted until filled. No phone inquiries.