Computer / Networking Experienced Technician
Computer & Network Engineering | Milford, IA | Full Time
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking a knowledgeable and motivated Network Technician to join our technical support team. The Network Technician is responsible for managing and maintaining our end clients' networks both onsite and remotely. This is achieved by quickly resolving client service requests and responding to automatically generated monitoring alerts.
Qualified applicants will possess the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Excellent problem-solving abilities and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills including detailed time entry and documentation.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities and/or projects simultaneously
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Strong customer relationship skills
- Ability to remain in contact with the client thru the completion of the incident
- Ability to build positive and collaborative relationships
- Willingness to develop professionally
- At least two years of professional experience with Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (including servers) installation, configuration, and troubleshooting proficiency
- At least two (2) years of professional experience with computer network management installation, configuration, and troubleshooting (firewalls, routers, and switches)
- At least two (2) years of professional experience with Microsoft Office applications
- TCP/IP Networking Knowledge
- Experience with cabling infrastructure best practice & methodologies
- Experience networking, routing and interconnectivity issues
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
- Experience in managing end-client networks
- Ability to manage time
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
- VoIP experience
- NET+ Certification
- Security+ Certification
- Health Insurance reimbursement
- Medical (cafeteria) plan
- Paid Individual Life, Dental, Vision and Long Term Disability coverage
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) sick days and personal days
- Allowance for use of personal cell phone.
- Performance based bonuses
- 401K Match
RDI is a 34-year old Iowa corporation, winner of the 2010 Iowa Small Business Excellence Award, and listed in both 2014 and 2015 Inc Magazine’s Inc-5000 as one of the fastest growing privately held companies in the United States. The Inc. 5000 placed RDI higher than 99.9% all businesses in the US and one of only 24 companies in Iowa.
RDI provides competitive pay, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days, group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, and other benefits. RDI has offices in Milford and Ames. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work in a growing, fun environment within one of the top technology companies in the region.
Join us and be a part of a special team right here in Milford Iowa!
R & D Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and proud supporter of the Home Base Iowa Initiative for more details see: HomeBaseIowa.gov
About Okoboji, IA:
The Iowa Lakes Corridor is a place that allows for a balance in life. Living within the communities of the Iowa Lakes Corridor allows you to have it all. This area provides you with the ability to spend quality time with your friends and family while meeting your career objectives. Enjoy easy and scenic commutes, excellent schools with small class-sizes, safe communities to live in and endless recreational and cultural opportunities year round.
Within the Iowa Lakes Corridor, there are progressive and distinctive communities each with its own history, character and lifestyle. Find affordable housing in a variety of beautiful communities and neighborhoods.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor’s award-winning, highly rated schools produce exceptionally educated students. Our higher education system, including Buena Vista University, Iowa Lakes Community College, and Iowa Central Community College, is a valued partner in the lifelong learning of our residents, advanced education, high-tech training, and job retraining of our workforce. Within the Iowa Lakes Corridor, there is a great diversification of professional healthcare services with caring family doctors and surgeons along with state-of-the-art hospitals and healthcare facilities.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor…the Good Life.