Audio/Visual Installation & Service Technician
Audio/Visual Engineering | Milford, IA | Full Time
R & D Industries, Inc. is currently seeking a highly motivated Installation and Service Technician for its Professional Audio Visual systems division.
R & D Industries, Inc. is a market-leading award-winning A/V integration company that designs, sells, installs, and services professional audio, video, digital signage and video conferencing systems for houses of worship, corporate, education, government, performing arts centers and sporting venues.
Established in 1984 with main offices in Milford, Iowa, R & D Industries is best known for the quality and expertise of their staff and for their high degree of integrity.
This Position is For:
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an Installation Technician in our professional A/V systems division. This position entails working on a team to install professional A/V systems including but not limited to: speaker systems, video projection systems, signal processing, amplification, and other equipment.
Experience with a PC and standard office software is required.
In this role, successful candidates will have a working knowledge of power and electronics, low voltage cabling for microphones, signal processing, and data communication. Installation support positions are challenging and rewarding with a variety of venues and tasks. Carpentry and other mechanical skills are a plus, as is knowledge of computers and networking. The ability to work safely and professionally is required as is having the ability to travel and work out of town for short periods of time as needed.
As an industry leader in the geographical markets served, R & D Industries will provide the right candidate with the training to become a successful member of the team. Success will be achieved through professional mentoring, some of the best engineering services in the area, and the highest quality integration services available to clients.
This position is available for the Milford, IA office.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will be fully engaged in all aspects of A/V regarding related system service and installation.
- Work with a variety of tools and test equipment
- Meet with clients to establish requirements.
- Provide training to end-users.
- Coordinate project and service schedules.
- Document work performed.
- Continue personal education and ongoing training of technology updates.
- Maintain communications with clients to ensure work quality.
- Driven by quality customer service.
- Seeking long term employment.
- Good mechanical skills.
- Knowledge of basic IT Technologies.
- Ability to install, troubleshoot, and repair low voltage systems.
- Experience with Audio or Video Systems.
- Ability to read technical drawings and blueprints
- Strong background in related technical areas is required.
- Excellent organizational, management, and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with a competitive spirit, a strong work ethic, and the ability to work independently or as a team member.
- Personal interest in acoustics, electronics, music, sound, lighting, and/or video systems.
- Excellent communication and PC skills.
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, and remain flexible.
- Ability to transport and lift equipment (up to 75 lbs.), bend, stoop, reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to assemble and work from scaffolding or lifts.
- Install, troubleshoot, and service low voltage systems.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for periods of time.
- Some overnight travel will be required.
- It must be insurable to drive company vehicles.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Employer-paid health insurance contribution
- Medical (cafeteria) plan
- Paid Individual Life, Dental, Vision and Long-Term Disability coverage
- Paid Vacation time
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO) sick days and personal days
- Jury duty and bereavement benefits
- Allowance for use of personal cell phone.
- Performance-based bonuses
- 401K Match
- Health savings and flexing spend options
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability Coverage
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Illness Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance (Additional Coverage Options)
- Additional coverage options to include spouses and families
RDI is a 36-year old Iowa corporation, winner of the 2010 Iowa Small Business Excellence Award, and listed in both 2014 and 2015 Inc Magazine’s Inc-5000 as one of the fastest-growing privately held companies in the United States. The Inc. 5000 placed RDI higher than 99.9% of all businesses in the US and one of only 24 companies in Iowa. In 2019, RDI's Thinix division was recognized for managed service excellence as one of the Top 500 MSPs in the US.
RDI provides competitive pay, paid vacations, paid holidays, paid personal days, group health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, 401k retirement plan, and other benefits. RDI has offices in Milford and Ames. This is an excellent opportunity for the right individual to work in a growing, fun environment within one of the top technology companies in the region.
Join us and be a part of a special team right here in Iowa!
R & D Industries, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and proud supporter of the Home Base Iowa Initiative for more details see: HomeBaseIowa.gov
About Okoboji, IA:
The Iowa Lakes Corridor is a place that allows for a balance in life. Living within the communities of the Iowa Lakes Corridor allows you to have it all. This area provides you with the ability to spend quality time with your friends and family while meeting your career objectives. Enjoy easy and scenic commutes, excellent schools with small class sizes, safe communities to live in, and endless recreational and cultural opportunities year-round.
Within the Iowa Lakes Corridor, there are progressive and distinctive communities each with its own history, character, and lifestyle. Find affordable housing in a variety of beautiful communities and neighborhoods.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor’s award-winning, highly rated schools produce exceptionally educated students. Our higher education system, including Buena Vista University, Iowa Lakes Community College, and Iowa Central Community College, is a valued partner in the lifelong learning of our residents, advanced education, high-tech training, and job retraining of our workforce. Within the Iowa Lakes Corridor, there is a great diversification of professional healthcare services with caring family doctors and surgeons along with state-of-the-art hospitals and healthcare facilities.
The Iowa Lakes Corridor…the Good Life.