Quality Front Line Leader
Quality | Elkhart, IN | Full Time
RCII is a custom metal fabrication company focused on high-quality American-made products. In 1994, we began building a team of experienced professionals with a shared passion for metal fabrication. Combining our passion for metal fabrication with a relentless focus on customer satisfaction separates RC Industries from the pack. Our on-time delivery coupled with our wide product range, custom toolboxes, and advanced metal fabrication capabilities, allows us to provide the best customer experience possible.
- Train current and new employees in all aspects of the Quality Department and monitor floor activities
- Participate in process auditing working closely with the Production Team
- Oversee the Quality Team to ensure items are moving according to schedules and on-time delivery measures are met as set by lean metric goals
- Audit quality processes to ensure completion per RC Quality Standards
- Audit non-conformance, scrap and RMA to efficiently disposition
- Initiate Corrective Actions (internal and external) as needed per RC Quality Process
- Work closely with Engineering, Production, and all other disciplines to ensure our customers’ needs are being met in a consistent and cost-effective way
- Complete process audits to ensure standard work is being followed per RC Production and Acceptance Standards
- Complete PPAPs and FAIs along with their reports
- Follow and support all established implementations within the Quality System
- Uphold RC Industries quality model by ensuring the Quality Team performs all in-process checks
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication
- 5 years leadership experience in a similar front-line leadership role or minimum 10 years experience in a Quality Technician role
- Able to read a tape measure, blue prints, calipers, paint mil. checker, micrometers, etc.
- Can use small hand tools at a good speed
- Experience using computers to review procedures and enter data
- Able to read/write/speak English fluently
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to be a team player
- RC Industries, Inc is not associated with or working for any companies in the RV Industry insulating us from the volatility the RV companies face.
- Family owned for over 26 years.
- Consistent work and no layoffs due to lack of work or material. No shutdowns for the holidays or during the summer.
- Easy to get answers to your questions, whether that’s from your supervisor or the owner.
- Reasonable expectations and attainable goals; excellent safety record
- Family environment, everyone knows your name you’re not just a number. The owner knows nearly every employee by name.