Health Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator
Community Outreach & Enrollment | Petaluma, CA | Full Time
Redwood Community Health Coalition (RCHC) is a network comprised of 16 members, 15 community health centers and a wellness education agency spread across 73 sites in Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Yolo Counties. Formed in 1994, our mission is to improve access to and the quality of care for under-served and uninsured people in our four counties. RCHC’s major focus is to strengthen the capacity of member health centers (members) to act together as a coalition that provides access to consistently high quality clinical care, effective care coordination and reduce health disparities. RCHC supports our members’ work with programs in Policy, Populations Health, Informatics, and Access and Equity.
The Health Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator is responsible for promoting outreach, education, enrollment and retention services for a variety of healthcare and nutrition programs including CalFresh, Covered California, Medi-Cal, Path to Health, Medi-Care and other no-cost/low-cost health coverage programs. This position will be based primarily in Marin county with weekly required travel to Petaluma This position will support Marin County FQHCs to increase Outreach & Enrollment capacity by promoting all health insurance and nutrition assistance programs throughout Marin County. This position will act as the RCHC community liaison representing the Marin County Federally Qualified Health Centers both out in the community and in the enrollment department. The Health Outreach & Enrollment Coordinator is required to travel throughout Marin County and coordinate early morning, evening and weekend events and functions.
*Amidst the COVID Pandemic, if there is a shelter in place order, this position may be required to work remotely, necessitating the employee have capacity to work from home and have access to internet.
Community Outreach & Public Education (50%)
- Promote awareness and access to healthcare benefit programs at small businesses, schools, faith-based groups, health fairs, community events, and community-based organizations.
- Assist in targeted outreach to: seniors, newly subsidy eligible consumers, the immigrant community, and people who remain uninsured.
- Conduct community education presentations regarding Public Charge.
- Represent Redwood Community Health Coalition at Marin County meetings and coalitions to promote inter-agency collaboration for health and nutrition benefit programs; and immigrant populations.
Enrollment Support Services (30%)
- Assist households with completing and submitting health insurance applications and other public benefit applications, and linking them to primary care.
- Prescreen and schedule clients
- Assist with gathering necessary documents and resolving problems
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy
- Submit applications electronically using approved software and track all applications
- Help families with appeals
- Contact families at the time their renewal or recertification to offer assistance, and provide all needed information about utilization of health coverage, plan benefits, and maintaining coverage of health and other public benefits.
- Provide support and education to assist families when a problem with health coverage or other public benefits arise. May act as family liaison with various health coverage programs.
- Provide education and information to families about utilization of health coverage, plan benefits, and maintaining coverage.
- Maintain database for outreach, community education and enrollment/renewal benefit services.
Training & Technical Assistance & Administrative Duties (20%)
- Maintain benefit enrollment expertise in: CalFresh, Path to Health, Med-Cal, Medicare and Covered California.
- Meet weekly with RCHC Supervisor to coordinate Marin County activities and events.
- Attend Navigator program CEC trainings.
- Attend CalFresh program trainings.
- Participate in health center CEC weekly meetings upon request.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED.
- Minimum one year experience in healthcare, public health or related area.
- Minimum one year experience in administrative/customer service-based work.
- Proficiency in spoken and written Spanish is required.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Interest in and enthusiasm for working with low-income community members.
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and analytical comprehension.
- Ability to comprehend and navigate complex program requirements.
- Strong organizational, detail and follow up skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Minimum 40 WPM keyboarding speed required.
- Strong computer and software skills (MS Office, Internet Explorer).
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must successfully complete training and certification process to become a Covered California certified enrollment counselor.
- Ownership of a car in good working condition and maintenance of a valid California driver’s license is required due to necessary work related travel within Northern California.
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach, lift (up to 25 pounds), bend, etc., hand and wrist dexterity to utilize computer.
- Vision and hearing required to use computer and to attend teleconferences and communicate with clients.