Certified Enrollment Counselor
Community Outreach & Enrollment | Petaluma, CA | Full Time | Applications accepted until Aug 22, 2020
Redwood Community Health Coalition (RCHC) is a network comprised of 17 members, 16 community health centers and wellness education site, and a total of 73 sites in Marin, Napa, Sonoma and Yolo Counties. Formed in 1994, our mission is to improve access to and the quality of care provided for under-served and uninsured people in our four counties. RCHC’s major focus for the next three years is to strengthen the capacity of member health centers to act as a regional network of comprehensive primary care that provides access to consistently high quality clinical care, effective care coordination and reduce health disparities.
Position will be based either in the RCHC Santa Rosa or Petaluma office.
*Amidst the COVID Pandemic, if there is a shelter in place order, this position may be required to work remotely, necessitating the employee have capacity to work from home and have access to internet.
The Outreach and Enrollment Counselor is responsible for promoting outreach, education, enrollment and retention services for a variety of healthcare and nutrition programs including CalFresh, Covered California, Medi-Cal, Healthy Kids and other no-cost/low-cost health coverage programs.
- Assist households with completing and submitting health insurance applications and other public benefit applications, and linking them to primary care.
- Pre-screen and schedule clients
- Assist with gathering necessary documents and resolving problems
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy
- Submit applications electronically using approved software and track all applications
- Help families with appeals
- Contact families at the time their renewal or re-certification is due to offer assistance, and provide all needed information about utilization of health coverage, plan benefits, and maintaining coverage.
- Provide support and education to assist families when a problem with health coverage arises. May act as family liaison with various health coverage programs.
- Provide education and information to families about utilization of health coverage, plan benefits, and maintaining coverage.
- Attend monthly training meetings, and other periodic training as assigned.
- Promote awareness and access to healthcare through no-cost/low-cost health coverage programs and CalFresh benefits at small businesses, schools, churches faith groups, and community-based organizations, including food banks.
- Provide assistance at assigned health center or community partner sites.
- Performs other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of a High School diploma or GED required; AA or Bachelor’s preferred
- One year experience in healthcare, public health or social service area preferred OR minimum one year experience in administrative/customer service-based work
- Proficiency in spoken Spanish is required, written preferred
- Proficiency (within 6 months of hire) in one or all of the following systems strongly preferred MyBenefitsCalwin, Oasis Database, and CalHEERs, Covered California
- Strong written and oral communication skills strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills strongly preferred
- Outreach and presentation experience preferred
- Interest in and enthusiasm for working with low-income community members
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and analytical comprehension
- Ability to comprehend and navigate complex program requirements
- Strong organizational, detail and follow up skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
- Strong computer and software skills (MS Office, Internet Explorer)
- Ability to work as a team member
- Must successfully complete training and certification process to become Covered California certified, including passing of background check
SPECIAL SKILLS / EQUIPMENT
- Ownership of a car in good working condition and maintenance of a valid California driver’s license is required due to necessary work related travel within Northern California after shelter-in-place is lifted
- Occasional travel and coordination of early morning, evening and weekend events and functions
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, reach, lift (up to 25 pounds), bend, etc., hand and wrist dexterity to utilize computer.
- Vision and hearing required to use computer and to attend teleconferences and communicate with clients.