Structural Steel Detailer
Detailing | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is Delaware’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Company. Our Vision is to become the Industry Leader & Employer of Choice. To accomplish this we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented and diverse individuals, providing quality products and services delivered by the safest and most economical processes. We will consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is now seeking a full-time Structural Steel Detailer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in Structural Steel and Miscellaneous Metal Detailing. Technical education or Associates Degree in CAD or closely related field is preferred, not required.
In this role the Structural Steel Detailer will prepare shop and field drawings per job specifications in adherence with the latest industrial standards including but not limited to: AISC, AWS, ASTM and R.C. Fabricators P&P. The detailer is to function independently with minimal supervision and is expected to submit work that is complete, accurate and timely.
- Review and adhere to design criteria and job specifications.
- Review and adhere to submittal and approval requirements.
- Dimensional requirements
- Coordinate and communicate with various departments, foremen, project managers, general contractors, engineers and or architects.
- Adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
- Minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience in Detailing/Drafting for SS/Misc. Metals.
- Practical knowledge of AISC Standards and Industrial codes and symbols.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior Time Management Skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with SDS/2, Tekla or similar program.
- Technical Ed., Certificate or Degree in CAD or closely related field preferred.
- Candidates may be required to successfully pass pre-employment screenings including background check, physical examination, and substance abuse screenings.
- A Team Focused, Safety Conscious Culture that genuinely Values People.
- Full time, year round work.*Subject to Safety Regulations
- Competitive Rates & Advancement Opportunities
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums on Employee Medical
- Other benefits include Dental, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k, and STD/L
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on maintaining a Safety Conscious, Drug Free and Violence Free Environment. To achieve this R.C. Fabricators, Inc. requires a continuous demonstration of employee commitment to safety and compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.