Industrial Mechanic - AC/DC Crane Technician
Shop | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
Industrial Mechanic – AC/DC Crane Technician
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is Delaware’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Company. Our Vision is to become the Industry Leader & Employer of Choice. To accomplish this we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented and diverse individuals, providing quality products and services delivered by the safest and most economical processes. “We will consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.”
Position Overview & Scope:
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is now seeking an Industrial Mechanic – AC/DC Crane Technician to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5+ years demonstrated experience in conducting, coordinating and performing all aspects of machinery and overhead crane preventive maintenance repairs, inspections, and upgrades. The ideal candidate will possess 2 years of Industrial Electrical technical education.
The Industrial Mechanic will ensure the fabrication shop functions to the highest safety standards at maximum efficiency through on-going preventive maintenance to all machinery, ac/dc cranes, and small tools & equipment to minimize downtime and stoppages.
- Coordinate, schedule, monitor and perform preventive maintenance (PM) as recommended by shop demands, manufacture recommendations and other prioritized criteria.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical problems with minimum support including welders/components, overhead cranes, production machinery, power tools and other associated tasks as requested.
- On-going observations and evaluations, including but not limited to, machinery, production related equipment and facility for improvements and PM.
- Track, maintain and schedule daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual inspections, maintenance, lubrications, calibrations, and other PM services.
- Assist with production needs to ensure timely fabrication.
- Interacts and communicate with production manager, project managers, quality, safety, operators and general shop personnel to determine the nature of the complaints or concerns.
- Notify personnel in advance of the next PM scheduled service.
- Provides on-going assistance and training to operating personnel when necessary.
- Provides remote triage when necessary.
- Verbal and written communications with management team, manufactures, engineers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Facility Maintenance including but not limited to: electrical, mechanical, telecommunications and other related skilled services.
- Parts inventory management, purchasing and other responsibilities as defined by Production Manager.
- Adherence to all work safety policies, procedures and governing requirements.
- 2 year Industrial Electrical Program, Technical Ed., and or Industrial Electrical Certification are preferred, but not required.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experience and advanced knowledge of Industrial Mechanics – AC/DC Cranes or closely related field: including but not limited to: PM, trouble shooting, diagnostics and repair of AC/DC cranes, steel fabrication machinery and other industrial components.
- Practical knowledge of Industry Safety regulations and standards.
- Demonstrated experience in the reading and interpretation of equipment/machinery/diagnostic gauges/dials, blueprints, schematics, diagram and manuals.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Superior Time Management Skills.
- Basic computer skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office/Outlook.
- Must be available to work weekends as needed, this position may require on-call responsibilities.
- Candidates are required to successfully pass pre-employment screenings including background check, physical examination, and substance abuse screenings.
Environmental & Physical Requirements:
- Working safely at elevations greater than 6ft with 100% tie-off.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, crawling, kneeling, laying and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Working overhead for extended periods of time.
- Standing and walking for extended periods of time.
- Climbing ladders, walking catwalks, and or use of lift equipment (i.e. high reach).
- Lifting and carrying up to 75 pounds (5%)
- Exposure to temperature fluctuations (25%)
- Extreme weather (10%)
- Noise (50%)
- Inhalations (5%)
- A Team Focused, Safety Conscious Culture that genuinely Values People.
- Competitive Rates and Advancement Opportunities.
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums on Employee Medical
- Other benefits include Dental, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k, and STD/L.
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on maintaining a Safety Conscious, Drug Free and Violence Free Environment. To achieve this R.C. Fabricators, Inc. requires a continuous demonstration of employee commitment to safety and compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.