Asst. Safety Coord.-Intern
Operations | Wilmington, DE | Temporary and Internship
Assistant Safety Coordinator/Intern ~ Temporary/Seasonal
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. located in Wilmington, Delaware, is the leading steel fabrication and erection company servicing the tristate area. Our mission is to become the Industry Leader & Employer of Choice. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented and diverse individuals dedicated to providing quality products and services delivered by the safest and most economical processes that consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is now seeking an Assistant Safety Coordinator to join our Safety Team. This position is a Temporary-Seasonal position/internship and is perfect for college students studying Occupational Safety. In this role the Assistant Safety Coordinator will work side-by-side with the Safety Coordinator in all areas of operations both onsite at our 90,000 sq. ft. A.I.S.C. diversified fabrication shop and in the field at various job sites within the Tri-State area. The Safety Coordinator will also work in collaboration with members of the Senior Management, Production Management and the Human Resource teams toward the continued success of our Safety Program.
- Maintain safety files and records in accordance with R.C. Fabricators, Inc. Policies and Procedures*.
- Assist, plan and implement safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal rules and regulations including Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and Department of Transportation (DOT)*.
- Work closely with Human Resources in the onboarding and exiting of personnel.
- Assist in the scheduling, delivery and facilitation of our safety program to both new hires and existing personnel.
- Perform safety surveys and inspections prepares findings with recommendations for corrective or preventive measures and follows up.
- Work closely with onsite/offsite Foremen to ensure the safety programs compliance and actively communicate concerns, changes, and or recommendations.
- Assist in the evaluation, planning, development of our safety program.
- Conducts post-accident investigation and prepares report identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- And other tasks as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Industrial/Occupational Safety or a related field.
- Minimum OSHA 30, OSHA 500 a plus.
- Experience or proven knowledge in OSHA, DOT and EPA regulatory requirements, familiarity with A.I.S.C. accreditation program requirements a plus.
- Prior construction/safety experience is a plus.
- Excellent Computer and communication skills.
- Ability to write business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Excellent MS Word, Excel, Power Point and computer skills.
- The ability to work in varying seasons and elements subject to safety regulation*.
- Candidates must have the ability and willingness to work early or extended shifts, overtime and weekends as needed to meet the business needs.
- Upon request applicants maybe expected to provide a recent motor vehicle report.
- Applicants must submit to a background check and successfully complete a substance abuse screening and physical examination.
- A Team Focused, Safety Conscious Culture that genuinely Values People.
- Competitive Rates & Advancement Opportunities
- 100% Employer Paid Premiums on Employee Medical Coverage**
- Other benefits include Dental, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, 401k, and STD/L**
Subject to Regulation/Policies and Procedures*
Benefit Offers to Full-Time Permanent Employees upon completion of probationary periods**