Assistant Project Manager
Project Management | Wilmington, DE | Full Time
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is Delaware’s leading Structural Steel Fabrication and Erection Company. Our Vision is to become the Industry Leader & Employer of Choice. To accomplish this we are committed to attracting, developing and retaining talented and diverse individuals, providing quality products and services delivered by the safest and most economical processes. We will consistently exceed our customers’ expectations.
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is now seeking a full-time Assistant Project Manager (APM) to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of one year demonstrated experience in project engineering or closely related role. An Associate’s Degree in Construction Management or closely related field is preferred, not required.
In this role the Assistant Project Manager will contribute and support the planning and execution of projects. Responsibilities will include working closely with the PM, monitoring project progress, following up with GC, purchasing, maintaining project documents and reports on multiple projects. In addition may be required to attend scheduling meetings, progress/site meetings and perform other tasks as assigned.
- Maintain communication with project team regarding project needs and goals.
- Assist in the planning, development, coordination and management of projects.
- Assist in the requisition and procurement of materials and supplies.
- Maintain vendor relations and follow up on RFI’s.
- Research information as required (i.e. material spec., AISC procedure, etc).
- Perform administrative tasks such as invoicing and issuing purchase orders.
- Tracking of and reporting on project progress.
- Respond to internal and external stakeholders inquires timely.
- Completing other tasks assigned by the Project Manager in an efficient and timely manner.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- One or more years demonstrated experience in project engineering or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and construction management software.
- Self-starter, highly organized and able to multitask.
- Superior problem solver with attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal oriented with the ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
R.C. Fabricators, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We pride ourselves on maintaining a Safety Conscious, Drug Free and Violence Free Environment. To achieve this R.C. Fabricators, Inc. requires a continuous demonstration of employee commitment to safety and compliance with all regulations, policies and procedures.