Operations | Brisbane, CA | Full Time, Part Time, and Temporary
The Rare Wine Co. -- one of the nation’s most respected wine importers -- is looking for a bright, motivated and hard-working individual to join our team and help us expand our wholesale and retail wine business. We are committed to providing our employees great pay & benefits, and a chance to contribute meaningfully to a growing company, in an exciting industry.
Please note that we require a cover letter for resumes to be considered!
As one of our Warehouse team members you will will be responsible for contributing to the successful daily operations of our Customer Service and Warehouse operations. The role, which reports to the Warehouse Manager, will include but not be limited to:
Fulfilling orders in a pick and pack operation using scan guns and visual identification, with strong attention to detail
- Shipping individual orders direct to consumer and to our wholesale customers via multiple carriers’ software (UPS, USPS, DHL, Fedex, Freight) with adherence to customer compliance.
- Identifying and receiving inbound goods into our system
- Inventory organization, put away and cycle counting as needed to maintain accurate inventory records
- Working and supporting other departments to achieve company goals, which requires excellent attention to detail and quality, and collaboration and communication
We seek team players with an infectious positive energy, great initiative, and a get-it-done attitude. Candidates must thrive in ambiguity and love a rapid pace. You must have a strong desire to learn and improve.
Required skills include:
- Self-directed, flexible, organized and resourceful.
- Positive energy, enjoy a fast pace, a bit of occasional chaos, and not afraid of change and experimentation. Willingness to jump in and do whatever it takes to achieve our goals.
- Experience and understanding of best practices in receiving, inventory management, inventory storage, cycle counting and order fulfillment/pick and pack operations.
- Orientation towards identifying areas for improvement and making suggestions to increase efficiency and quality.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to set and manage multiple priorities.
- Safety minded, working around forklifts, pallet jacks, high areas and the ability to know when to ask for help.
- Ability to lift 50lbs and to work in a cool climate for long period of time.
- Clear, concise written and spoken communications
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with entire staff
- Minimum three (3-5) years in a process-oriented production environment.
- Industry competitive hourly wage
- 401k, health, dental and disability insurance
- New offices in Brisbane, California
- A top-notch employee purchase program
- Opportunities for advancement and a chance to develop and expand your knowledge of the wine industry
To apply: Please send a resume and cover letter telling us why you’re excited about this position and sharing your relevant experience.