Finance | Remote / Work From Home | Full Time
Lead the accounting function to enable a rapidly scaling business
Rare Beauty Brands is a high-growth consumer products company featuring desired brands that are sold online and at the world’s most prestigious retailers. As we scale the business (50+% Revenue CAGR over P5Y, on track for healthy growth in 2020 despite COVID), one of the most critical aspects of our business model is the continued development of an accurate and efficient back office. We have made great progress, recently implementing NetSuite and building the team, and now we need someone to help us get to the next level.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Planning, directing and coordinating all accounting operational functions
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements
- Coordinating activities of external auditors
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process
- Leading the budget process
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement and implementing new processes, including NetSuite projects that will simplify and automate processes
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance
- Hiring, training and retaining skilled accounting staff
Why work at Rare Beauty Brands?
- This is an opportunity to take what you’ve learned about finance and systems, and apply that knowledge to have a huge impact on a rapidly growing company;
- We’re an ambitious, high-energy team. We’re hungry to learn, work, iterate and improve. We're aggressive and not afraid to try new things;
- Having an amazing culture is our #1 priority. We look for contagiously enthusiastic team members who are ambitious and eager to succeed, yet humble and down to earth;
- We have a flexible work environment, including working from home, that respects the fact that you have a life outside the office;
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Note: we would love it if you are located in the Boston area, but in light of the pandemic we are increasingly working from home, and would be OK with a remote work situation.