Information Technology | Norfolk, VA | Full Time
BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Information Systems or Related Field Required Experience:
5 years training experience preferred; Previous work experience in software applications training.
Software applications: Microsoft Office 365
Licenses or Certificates: Virginia Driver’s License Special Requirements:
Under direction develops and conducts technology training programs for HRT staff and provides support to users with various enterprise and infrastructure software applications and Web sites; performs related duties as required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Develops, plans, coordinates, schedules, documents, and presents training classes in using enterprise transit software applications (HASTUS, TransitMaster, Spear, Fleetwatch, etc), Microsoft Office 365 and higher, hosted Web sites, various Web tools;
• Communicates technical information to users in non-technical, clear terms;
• Develops, produces and distributes training schedules on-line and in written form;
• Develops, evaluates, and assembles class modules, training materials, and handouts;
• Coordinates logistics for training space and equipment; evaluates training programs; conducts assessment for technical training needs by survey, interview or participant evaluation;
• Provides follow-up support and further training assessment to users.
• Provides technical support for HRT customers;
• Diagnoses technical problems; researches and identifies appropriate solutions;
• Maintains contact with clients to ensure quality level of support;
• Interacts with users in non-technical, clear terms;
• Adheres to and enforces policies, rules, and regulations relating to technology use;
• Researches technical manuals, guides, Websites and user groups;
• Contacts vendors to answer user questions and solve technical problems;
• Creates abstracts, news items, and hyperlinks to post to hosted Web site;
• Audits and updates Web information as related to Technology Training department;
• Checks for accessibility standards;
• Conducts customer usability studies;
• Assists in developing and maintaining security controls and standardization;
• Enters, maintains and retrieves information from databases for reporting and special projects.
• Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records Management Policy and Procedures.
• Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
• Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy, relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan Required Knowledge, Abilities and Skills essential to Job Functions:
• Develop and present classroom and individual training for all HRT technical applications;
• Prepare clear and concise written communications and make oral presentations;
• Research technical sources of information to respond to questions and solve problems;
• Analyze and diagnose malfunctions and problems related to computer equipment and software;
• Prioritize requests, organize, schedule, and coordinate a variety of activities and projects; Technology Trainer Page 2
• Learn new software, hardware and other technical equipment quickly;
• Adapt to changes in technology and incorporate into training;
• Work independently and as a team member;
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted during the course of work. Required Software Knowledge and Skills essential to Job Functions: Proficiency in using computer systems and the listed software applications associated with performance of assigned work is essential. Basic problem solving skills associated with software applications used is expected. Software usage relevant to job duties will be evaluated.
This position is classified as essential personnel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work involves meeting multiple demands on a timely basis. Duties may require some seasonal overtime. The nature of the job may require providing assistance to Enterprise Application users (primarily by phone, but occasionally in person) in the evenings and on weekends.