Sr. Instructional Designer
Information Technology | Houston, TX | Full Time and Contract
The Sr. Instructional Designer must have a detailed working knowledge of adult learning principles with a specific focus on corporate training and organizational development. He/she will develop training programs and learning materials using a variety of tools and learning methodologies. Projects may include ILT, CBT, Mobile Applications, performance improvement materials, simulations, serious games, etc. A wide knowledge of the approaches and technology being used for corporate training and organizational development is vital.
The Sr. Instructional Designer is the primary point of client interaction and will primarily work on-site at client facilities. Therefore, this position requires the ability to quickly integrate and form relationships with client personnel. The Sr. Instructional Designer is supported by a cross-functional team of graphic artists, application developers, and instructional technology specialists, and will be responsible for coordinating efforts between these different roles to produce solutions for our clients.
RADIANT Learning & Development’s primary client base is composed of firms in the Oil & Gas and Healthcare sectors; experience in one or both fields is required.
Work with clients’ subject matter experts to create training materials and performance improvement products
Perform needs analysis to assess training needs in order to develop effective course curricula that is in alignment with business needs and learning objectives, making recommendations for areas of opportunity and perceived performance gaps.
Gather information from relevant materials, documentation, subject matter experts and other project team members to create and design effective learning content.
Produce clear and concise documentation that guides course development. Retrieve, organize, analyze, and synthesize complex subject matter and transform it into instructional objectives that drive easy-to-understand curricula for specific audiences
Validate training meets learning objectives and evaluate effectiveness of training through use of assessments, surveys, and other means
Build client relationships and identify potential sales leads for our sales staff to act on
- Bachelor’s Degree, (Master’s Degree with a focus on the design and delivery of instruction preferred)
- 5 – 7 years related experience in instructional design, technical writing, and/or curriculum development
- Hands-on eLearning development expertise from conception to delivery is required. You must have a portfolio of past eLearning projects to be considered
- Proficiency with eLearning software (Adobe Captivate, Articulate Storyline) required
- Experience in the Oil & Gas or Healthcare is required
- Has proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Captivate, and Articulate Storyline
- Must have at least a working knowledge of image editing using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. You must be able to demonstrate that you can use Illustrator to cut out provided layouts for placement in CBTs.
- Strong writing and layout skills to compose design documents, workbooks, self-directed materials, job aids, facilitator’s guides and learning assessments
- Demonstrated effective time-management/prioritization skills. Is process-oriented and driven to streamline training/knowledge-related procedures. Manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining close attention to detail and meeting short, frequently changing deadlines
- High degree of organizational/planning skill and is detail-oriented, able to multitask effectively, and quickly adapt to changing directives. Able to self-manage to a high degree and initiate and manage projects based on observed opportunities
- Experience developing vILT using Adobe Connect or WebEx Training Center preferred
- Experience working as a consultant a plus