Sr. Data Scientist
Information Technology | Washington, DC | Full Time
Job Title: Sr. Data Analyst/Data Scientist
Location: Downtown, Washington, DC.
Visa type: Need only USC.
- Demonstrated experience analyzing data using SQLand Excel.
- Demonstrated experience using Unix or Linux platforms to maintain work products.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, critical thinking, and ability to find simple, interpretable solutions to complex data problems.
- Demonstrated experience writing queries as part of data processing code that is self-documenting and clean.
- Demonstrated experience in developing analytics solutions that are scalable, repeatable, and effective.
- Demonstrated experience using Github, and Git. Base – 6 mos.
- Experience working with subject matter or technical experts in a regulatory environment, including attorneys, researchers, and/or economists.
- Experience providing technical expertise for attorneys conducting work on topics such as: litigation, depositions, witness/expert witness preparation, crossexaminations; experience using and extracting information from legal review platforms, with quantitative analysis of data from foreign sources, reverse engineering of data formats, and/or calculating damages.
- Experience providing technical expertise for researchers, using multiple advanced analytical and statistical techniques such as: natural language processing, time-series modeling, predictive modeling, valuation of options and derivatives, sampling, sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and/or A/B testing.
- Experience performing statistical analysis and manipulation, using programming languages/software such as SQL (window functions, common table expressions, inner/outer joins, and materialized views), Excel (lookup, index/matching, offset function, and pivot tables), Python (including Pandas and Numpy libraries), R (including tidyverse), R-Shiny, and/or Spark.
- Experience working closely with a variety of teams to identify, diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve technical, strategic and/or analytical issues.
- Experience providing training on a variety of development and data methodologies and/or tools to include new technologies and solutions that could help the Data Science Team and the Bureau at large.
- Software or data engineering experience.
- PhD or degree in a math, hard science or quantitative social science field.
- Experience working in an AWS cloud environment.
- Prior Government experience in order to expedite the onboarding clearance process. Familiarity with the eQIP system and SF86 forms helpful.