Sr. BlockChain Developer
Information Technology | Gaithersburg, MD | Full Time
1. The contractor shall provide source code (Java, C++, Go, Python, Bash) for software made to aide NIST researchers – such as test code, blockchain applications, web applications and additional blockchains and their respective development tools. These tools will also be deployed onto the NIST blockchain workbench.
2. The contractor shall provide design documents for enhancing the existing blockchain workbench by upgrading existing blockchains and software to the latest versions, and deploying the most up-to-date blockchain development tools, as well as documenting any architecture changes necessary for improvements such as changes to settings within the existing hypervisor (or changing of the hypervisor to another platform).
3. The contractor shall develop a proof of concept blockchain based application (Java, C++, Go, Python for demonstrative purposes) to be utilized as an interagency blockchain project.
4. The contractor shall provide a report that describes the processes and requirements necessary for multiple federal organizations to develop a cross-agency blockchain application and proceed through the ATO process.
5. The contractor shall provide all source code developed as well as documentation necessary to replicate the project.
· At least 5 years of experience conducting research in blockchain/distributed ledger technologies or a related field
· Proficiency with Java/C++, Python, and Unix as demonstrated by having previous experience working with those programming languages and operating systems in at least 2 projects.
· Working understanding of potential uses for blockchain by the U.S. Federal Government as demonstrated by having written papers that specifically describe methods by which the Federal Government could utilize blockchain technology, and by developing a methodology to determine whether a potential application is appropriate for a blockchain use.
· Prior NIST Experience is highly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
Certifications: BlockChain related certifications preferred.