Work locations can be in Temple Terrace, Florida or 13101 Columbia Pike, Silver Spring, Maryland
Linux (Red Hat / CentOS)
• System administration activities for ~14k Linux & CentOS servers. This includes routine, proactive daily management of the health and stability/availability of server based assets. Activities include proactive monitoring, patch reporting and addressing fall out, security, status reports, etc. Servers supported run mission and business critical applications for Wireline, Wireless, ITIM, and Call Center.
• Linux Clustering – defining, configuring, and supporting cluster configurations – Red Hat, RAC, and PaceMaker
• AYS Tickets – Tier 2&3 support and response, investigation, and resolution of incident records generated by monitoring automation or via user initiation. Current problem management database is AYS.
• First level support for Client Data Sulervices - India (VDSI) for Windows/Linux support, communication interaction via e-mails, IM's, Jabber, etc.
• Change Management – Following established change management AYS guidelines, execution of application team/business initiated requests, standard support team requests, and internal initiated requests. Also in scope is coordination and implementation of large scale change efforts, such as Storage Migrations.
• CMD – Tier 2&3 response to investigate, troubleshoot, remediate critical issues. Post CMD, any system related root cause issues are completed via the Action Record assigned as part of the Crisis Record.
• Patch Management – ensure proper content and patching occurs using Satellite/Capsule configurations and process
• Project Management – Identify projects to improve or enhance supportability of assigned servers, respond to business requests in support of external support team initiatives, automation existing processes, enhanced reporting, new technology, etc. Project management and support for projects to include (but not limited to):
o Management/ Coordination of Large Scale Change Efforts
CPI-810 Security Control Requirements
o Data Center Consolidation
o Tech Refresh RHEL 5.x, 6.3, 6.4 to 7.X
o Linux Server Patching – IT Security mandate every 30 days
o Automation of Server Decommission using internal PCA process
o Automation Opportunities and Implementation
o Standard OS Recovery Process
o Standard Backup Process/Automation/Strategy
o CentOS Cluster Configuration Methodology
o RHEL to CentOS Migrations
o OEL elimination (migrate to RHEL/CentOS Migration)
**this position would assume the role of an overall Senior Technical Lead for the group of Linux SAs. Expectation is the candidate would create the direction and baseline for projects, establish appropriate timelines and deliverables, and provide regular project status to management. This position would be the Go-To person for the rest of the Linux SA team to approach on technical issues, appropriate resolution to problems, etc. Candidate should be forward thinking, and provide out-of-the-box approach to solving complex issues that may be inhibiting the ability for the team to streamline and standardize processes and procedures. Candidate should have an excellent knowledge of Linux and Linux related capabilities, with an exceptional understanding of new technologies and how to integrate those new technologies into the existing support structure at client. This position will be setting direction, providing guidance, and managing team efforts to ensure the most efficient, high-quality operating environment is in place for client mission and business critical applications. Candidate must have a proven track record of leading tech refresh efforts for environment and system modernization to supported levels of hardware and software, as well as the ability to manage difficult projects, working through roadblocks and driving cross functional teams to meet action item targets to complete overall project deliverables. A Nice-to-have would be significant knowledge and experience with Security issues (PCI/SOX/Vulnerabilities) and how to mitigate security related exposures to client Linux systems.