Instructional Designer (eLearning Developer)
Engineering | Houston, TX | Full Time
RADIANT DIGITAL is consultancy focused on providing our clients information technology and learning and development solutions and support. A RADIANT DIGITAL Instructional Designer is responsible for designing, developing, and delivering projects for clients of RADIANT DIGITAL’s Learning & Development Practice, based in Houston, TX.
The Instructional Designer must have a detailed working knowledge of adult learning principles with a specific focus on corporate training and organizational development. He/she will assist in the development training programs and learning materials using a variety of tools and learning methodologies. Projects may include ILT, CBT, mobile applications, and performance improvement materials (both digital and print). Knowledge of the approaches and technology being used for corporate training and organizational development is vital.
The Instructional Designer is supported by a cross-functional team of graphic artists, application developers, and instructional technology specialists, and will be responsible for coordinating efforts between these different roles to produce solutions for our clients.
RADIANT DIGITAL Learning & Development’s primary client base is composed of firms in the Oil & Gas sector; experience in this field is a definite plus but is not required.
- Organize information from relevant materials, storyboard documentation, subject matter experts, and other project team members to design & develop effective eLearning content
- Work with clients’ subject matter experts, under the management of senior instructional designers to create training materials and performance improvement products
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Human Resources related fields preferred
- 3+ years instructional design experience
- Must have extensive hands-on eLearning development experience from conception to delivery in Articulate Storyline and/or Adobe Captivate
- Must be highly proficient with Adobe Captivate and Articulate Storyline (candidates will be required to pass a skills test)
- Must be proficient with basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator editing functionality, although a graphic design background is not required
- Is proficient with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and document layout skills
- Demonstrated effective time-management/prioritization skills.
- High degree of organizational/planning skill and is detail-oriented, able to multitask effectively, and quickly adapt to changing directives; able to self-manage to a high degree
- Experience in the Oil & Gas sector a plus
- Experience working as a consultant a plus