IBM DB2 Database Administrator
Information Technology | Vienna, VA | Full Time
Radiant Digital delivers technology consulting and business solutions for commercial and government clients.
Our flexible delivery model allows us to provide end-to-end solution delivery, single project execution, and, or strategic resources.
Radiant is seeking to hire a senior-level, skilled IBM DB2 Database Administrator to support ongoing critical requirements with one of our Financial Clients. This work effort involves providing DB2 databases engineering and administration support. The resource
will be responsible for designing, validating, implementing, and sustaining the IBM DB2 Database Infrastructure, provide customer project support with thorough analysis, and offering alternative solutions, evaluations, and advice on complex DB2 related problems. The resource will function as part of a team, inclusive of customers, and must demonstrate sufficient written and communication skills to ensure success.
· Minimum seven (7) years hands on database administration experience with IBM DB2.
· Expert level hands on working experience with the IBM BLU in-memory DB2 Database columnar technology in order to accelerate analytic workloads by factors of 10x and beyond.
· Experience with Imperva is BIG PLUS
· Understanding on how to significantly improve data compression rates and eliminate the need for complex management tasks like managing indexes, materialized query tables, and the like.
· In-depth knowledge of DB2 utilities such as LOAD, UNLOAD, RUNSTAT, REORG, COPY, experience working with IBM Admin tool suite, Query Monitor, etc.
· Experience on SQL performance tuning.
· Understanding DB2 Database snapshots.
· Must have solid problem determination skills supporting DB2 related problems.
· Must be able to install, customize, and support current versions of DB2.
· Evaluate and recommend relational database structures, monitor, and recommend tuning strategies for specific databases like SQL Server and DB2 database environments for improved system performance.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to work well independently and within a team environment. Primary Job Duties:
· Implement and administer IBM DB2 databases within a multi-tiered environment.
· Add or modify system/user permissions to databases or database servers.
· Run multiple production DB2 databases with HA and DR (HA-DR) enabled across data centers.
· Perform capacity planning, cluster set up, performance tuning and monitoring.
· Run multiple database instance for workloads and tune DB accordingly.
· Troubleshoot DB slowness, Disk/Memory/CPU utilization, \Z and suggest resolutions.
· Troubleshoot query slowness and find optimal indexes and explain plan for slow/heavy queries.
· Administer and troubleshoot ETL Processes for decision support stores and Data warehouses.
· Configure and maintain security for databases and focus on automation to streamline tasks and manage the environments.
· Suggest alternate queries for slow queries coming from application.
· Schedule regular DB maintenance operations according to workload pattern and usage of the DB.
· Configure and maintain DB2 alerts for various system usage thresholds.
· Play a critical role in design, build, implementation, upgrade and optimization of DB2 databases.
· Perform requested changes, updates, and modifications to database structure and data.
· Perform database patches and upgrades without downtime.
· Ensure that technical modifications do not adversely affect database integrity, stability, and system availability.
· Implementing solutions for DB2 database backup and recovery infrastructure.
· Monitor/maintain/upgrade DB2 database and assist application team with performance tuning initiatives and builds.
· Assist in Backup and Recovery operations including Disaster Recovery planning.
· Build operational Operations and Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain the service (daily, weekly, monthly, yearly O&M checklists); build Tactics, Techniques, and Processes (TTPs) and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists.
· Ensure proactive engagement in Incident Management process, working with cross-functional teams to minimize the impact of database outages