A quick-thinking, quality enthusiast who understands releasing great software is not just about reactive testing. As a Test Engineer, you’ll be proactively assessing and mitigating risks for our Web releases, specifically for our SSO/IAM team. You are a passionate member of the team who wants to have a high impact; looking for a hands-on technical career with both manual and automated testing.
• Be a strong quality advocate, collaborating closely with software engineers, designers, and product managers to release life changing products.
• Design and deliver risk based test plans for new features and functionality, choosing the right method of testing for each situation or phase (scenario, exploratory, scripted, automated, etc.).
• Help ensure your vertical's releases adhere to deadlines while not compromising on quality.
• Pair with software engineers to identify and prevent gaps with automation/regression coverage and even build frameworks.
• Be a reliable source of feedback on new functionality, features and process changes.
• You'll be able to use your full stack (Front-end, API, backend/SQL) testing skills and experience to help build better products.
• You'll have the ability to introduce new tools and frameworks to the team.
• Develop, execute, and validate test cases, analyze logs, database tables
• Experience in SQL and DevOps tools (i.e. Jenkins, JIRA) required. Selenium/Java desired.
• Open defects with thorough details
• Focus on quality to minimize production defects
• Perform end to end functional testing
• Provide status reports and updates to project lead on regular basis
• Ability to balance technical skills with business savvy – ability to document and transform end-user requirements into system specifications and test cases
• Ability to quickly learn and adapt to various business systems and IT processes relating to requirements gathering, testing, change management, and overall project implementation
• Excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Able to work efficiently while meeting tight deadlines and multiple competing priorities
• Ability to take initiative in researching problems and proposing solutions
• Willingness to work flexible and/or extended hours to complete project tasks and coordinate migrations and/or calls with stakeholders in various time zones after hours
• Knowledge and Use of requirements documentation tools and automated testing software
• Knowledge of the full testing life cycle
• Involved in SIT, UAT and End to End testing with front ends to vendors.
• Working in a UNIX environment for debugging issues.
• Experience with working with a PMO office and project managers
Must Have Skills:
• 7+ Years of hands on experience testing across application layers of Mobile and Web Applications.
• Strong foundation in usability, security and risk based testing strategies.
• Proficient in at least one programming/scripting language (E.g. Java, Ruby, Python, SQL).
• Experience with industry frameworks/tooling (E.g. Selenium, Appium, Cucumber, Rspec, Applitools, Junit/TestNg).
• Familiarity with CI/CD and infrastructure tools (E.g. Jenkins/CircleCI, AWS/GCP, etc)
• Self-directed, deeply curious and you take action on your great ideas.
• Detail oriented and have amazing communication skills; explaining technical problems succinctly and clearly.
• Willingness to challenge existing practices in order to make them even better.
BS in computer science or a related field