Information Technology | Ashburn, VA | Full Time
Defines and plans database architecuture for enterprise systems. Responsible for enterprise-wide data design, optimization, and resource utilization. Knowledge of construction and design of data architectures, data modeling, and database design. Oversees the technical design, development, and maintenance of databases and master files on large complex projects. Follows data architecture standards, policies and procedures, and classification of data elements. Responsible for design, implementation, recovery and load strategy. Analyzes and projects long-range space requirements. Communicates architectural approaches and makes database structural recommendations. Coordinates with other Information Systems departments to ensure implementation of databases and monitoring of database performance. Ensures architectural integrity and consistency across the entire project. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field. Ability to manage multiple assignments. Superior written and oral communication skills. 6-10+ years of experience.
1. At least 5 years working experience on Teradata SQL and components
2. Atleast 5 years Experience with ETL tools like Informatica
3. Atleast 2 years Experience with unix/linux
4. Knowledge on design and development best practices in datawarehouse environments
5. Should have knowledge on datawarehouse modelling techniques and methods.
6. Working knowledge and exposure to Teradata CLDM (create standard framework, reusable components) is an added advantage
7. Experience with ETL tools like Informatica Power center, support etc
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Understanding business requirements & helping in assessing them with the development teams.
2. Creating high quality documentation supporting the design/coding tasks.
3. Participate in architecture / design discussions and Develop the ETL/ELT using Teradata.
4. Conduct code and design reviews and provide review feedback.
5. Identify areas of improvement in framework and processes and strive them to make better.