As a Data Architect, you will work closely with data domain, business partners understand the data and business challenges to design new functionality on Big Data and Teradata platform. You will analyze data using SQL, identify and propose alternative questions, and design a data model and/or ETL data flow to deliver the business capability.
The candidate needs to proactive, self-driven, able to work with minimal direction.
• Designing conceptual and logical data models (using ERwin), creating metadata definitions, and creating source-to-target mapping
• Acting as requirement owner for 1-2 medium to large projects, capturing metrics, analytics, machine learning requirements and designing the analytic layer models
• Analyzing source system data, profiling data (using SQL and Hive QL)
• Participating in preparing the scrum stories
• Partnering with business users to gather the requirements and coordinating/understanding the solution with data engineering technical team
• Performing data model review and creating models for data engineering tech team
• Creating deep understanding of the data, business on Big Data and Teradata dataset.
• Creating metadata glossary of the unprocessed and published data models .
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field is required
• At least 6+ years of experience as a technical business analyst with a track record of delivering well-documented data requirements, data model design and data flow design
• 6+ years’ experience in Data Warehousing with modelling and creating data flow
• 4+ experience on the Big Data technologies and data pipeline processing techniques.
• Experience in data modeling (logical and/or physical) with solid understanding of 3NF, Star Schemas and performance driven models
• Experience using Erwin or other data modeling tools
• Expert level SQL skills and Hive QL
• Experience Teradata.
• Experience on data management processes on HIVE, HDFS and other stacks like HBASE
• Experience in Agile development methodology
• Prior experience interfacing with various internal groups, offshore development teams, and business
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills