Defines and plans database architecture, and security for big data and data warehouse systems. Responsible for enterprise-wide data design, optimization, security compliance, security support, and data security methods and procedures. Knowledge of construction and design of big data architectures, security protocols, data modeling, all aspects of data security, and database design. Oversees the technical design, security procedures, security compliance touchpoints, development, and maintenance of databases and master files on large complex projects. Follows data security and architecture standards, policies and procedures, and classification of data elements. Responsible for design, implementation, and security strategy implementations, documentation, and compliance. Communicates and facilitates the collection of business metadata, data model, and data governance and standards as well as architectural approaches and makes database big data design recommendations. Coordinates with other Information Systems departments and internally to ensure implementation of data solutions, databases, and application performance. Ensures architectural integrity and consistency across the entire project. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field. Ability to manage multiple assignments. Superior written and oral communication skills. 6-10+ years of experience.
- Data model and POC design for Analytics Intelligence Layer for SOI project
- Security focal point for data warehouse
- Security compliance and certification standards/documentation
- Metadata collection, organization, and management
- Data insights and analytics
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
- Data and security analyst
- 5+ years of data security, including experience with cross-functional and/or cross-area projects.
- 5+ years with a focus on application and cyber/data protection programs
- 5+ years knowledge of TCP/IP and other networking protocols
- Expert understanding is required to assess the organization’s security measures, such as networks, firewalls, database encryption strategies, anti-virus software, and security scan results to identify any weak points that might make SOI data and subsystems potentially vulnerable to attack.
- Continual assessment to prioritize security coverage to ensure that strategically important SOI data assets, such as commercial information or personal data, receive the highest levels of protection.
- Strong working knowledge of structured security guidelines.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of hardware, software, data obfuscation/encryption/key store methodologies, user interface vulnerabilities, and database security.
- Strategic Planning and Quality Management experience.
- Prior experience in the role of explaining security risks and demonstrating good practices across organizations.
- Strong background in networking, on-prem and cloud-based information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges offered by information security and compliance in distributed and big data ecosystems.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities to proactively identify and fix security risks, while building understanding and awareness of security issues within the organization.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity software and mature understanding of application security threats.
- Mature team working skills to develop security solutions in collaboration with other information technology professionals.
- IT experience in the area of system security, development, and Operational Support on diverse technology stack platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and collaborate at all levels of a large, complex organization.
- Good understanding of data warehousing and analytics, cloud technologies, big data, AI and ML space and tools.
- Excellent organization, presentation, and proven collaboration skills.
- Ability to explain and document technical information suitable for compliance and implementations to legal, security, and technical users.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Experienced working and with understanding data relationships, entities, taxonomy, lineage, etc. from a business and technical context
- Strong background in networking, on-prem and cloud based information technology with a clear understanding of the challenges offered by information security and compliance in distributed and big data ecosystems.
- Familiar with Erwin, or other data modeling toolset
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of hardware, software, data obfuscation/encryption/key store methodologies, user interface vulnerabilities, and data security
- Detail oriented, planning and organized skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- BS Computer Science, Information Systems, MS in data/network security
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) OR Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)