Education & Prevention Services | St. Louis, MO | Part Time
Position Title: Infant Teacher Assistant
Agency: Peace for Kids
Status: Part Time
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for an afternoon infant teacher assistant in our infant classroom at Peace for Kids, a child development program under Queen of Peace Center. Queen of Peace Center is a substance abuse treatment center for women and their families. Peace for Kids is a licensed child care center that provides care to children in the community as well as children of clients of Queen of Peace Center.
- Provide safety and supervision of all children in care
- Assist the Lead teacher with planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate lesson plan
- Create a safe, supportive learning environment
- Assist with cleanliness and organization of the classroom environment
- Establish relationships with the children using positive, responsive care-giving and interactions
- Must be 18 years or older with high school diploma and completed a minimum of 2 college credit classes in ECE and working towards an Associate Degree in Early Childhood or related field.
- Experience in a licensed and accredited child development center preferred.
- Must be able to sit, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.