Substance Use Disorder Liaison
Women & Children | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
Position Title: Substance Use Disorder Liaison
The Substance Use Disorder Liaison is part of the person-centered integrated team and works with local systems to coordinate care for individuals with behavioral health needs.
Prior responsibilities of working with local systems would include but not be limited to:
- Coordinate services and develop local systems of care for individuals with behavioral health needs who have come to the attention of law enforcement officials and court staff.
- Participate on local law enforcement Crisis Intervention Teams (CIT) or other initiatives that assist with law enforcement in dealing with individuals with behavioral health needs.
- Collaborate with local partners in Mental Health Courts or other specialty or diversion courts dealing with behavioral health issues.
- Provide or coordinate training and consultation on behavioral health issues for law enforcement and court staff as needed.
- In coordination with the ACI, assist law enforcement by working together in assessing individuals with behavioral health needs.
- In coordination with the ACI, assist those with behavioral health needs in accessing appropriate voluntary services upon referral by law enforcement or the court.
- In coordination with the ACI, assist law enforcement and the courts in locating substance use treatment beds for court-ordered clients.
- Complete all mandatory documentation, as noted by supervisor.
- Act as a member of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Transport clients as needed.
- Regular attendance (except as excused).
- Attend quarterly meetings and periodic calls with community mental health liaisons.
- Attend quarterly meetings and periodic conference calls with the Community Mental Health Liaisons (CMHL).
- Attend calls with Coalition/Department of Mental Health (DMH) team.
- Complete referral documentation and submit report monthly to Coalition.
- Provide POST approved trainings for law enforcement, as available and applicable.
- Help guide Coalition/DMH team on other appropriate job responsibilities of a Substance Use Disorder Liaison.
- Attend all trainings as required by Queen of Peace Center, Accreditors, and Funders.
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Director.
- A mental health professional with one of the following certifications from the Missouri Credentialing Board: CRADC, CRAADC, CCDP, CCDP-D.
- A minimum of 2 years' clinical experience.
- Administrative, data and outcome management experience preferred.
- Some medical background preferred.
- A valid Missouri Class E driver's license.