PRN Housing Inspector
Shelter Plus Care | St. Louis, MO | Contract
Queen of Peace Center is seeking to hire a PRN (as-needed) housing inspector for our Shelter Plus Care Program. The Housing Inspector position is a contracted position that will report directly to the Director of Housing and Community Programs. The Housing Inspector is to provide consistent Housing Quality Standard Inspection services so that our clients are assured quality and decent living conditions. Inspections and done using H.U.D federal regulations and Department of Mental Health policies and procedures.
- Perform Housing Quality Standard inspections including initial inspections, annual re-certification inspections, and all re-inspections of failed units.
- Insure that acceptability criteria for all Shelter Plus Care housing units are in full compliance with the Department of Mental and HUD standards as it relates to sanitary facilities, food preparation, space and security, heating, electricity, water supply, lead-based paint, smoke detectors and structure.
- Coordinate with Housing Compliance Officers to ensure timely inspections at admission to program, annual re-certification and condition of the unit.
- Respond promptly to all inspection inquiries, phone calls and correspondences.
- Communicate with landlord and tenant concerning failed inspections and condition of unit inspections.
- Complete with accuracy and with consistency all inspection reports, noting any and all non-compliance conditions of the unit.
- Provide excellent customer service to program participants and landlords by explaining and consistently enforcing program guidelines and regulations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience conducting housing inspections.
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills