On Call Transporter
Transportation | St. Louis, MO | Contract
Responsible for all transportation activities that take place through Queen of Peace Center when a full time transporter is sick, on vacation, or when a fill in transporter is needed. This is a PRN position.
- Transport clients of agency in insured agency vehicle to facility for treatment as well as off campus activities such as school, authorized outings, medical treatment, etc. during treatment hours.
- Monitor recreational activities away from the facility
- Maintain an effective communication with the staff to coordinate a consistent environment for clients.
- Responsible for daily maintenance, upkeep of vans and cars and completion of maintenance checklist.
- Participate in staff in-service training program including safety and driving training.
- Follow all safety regulations regarding safety belts, speed limits, and all traffic rules of the road.
- Pick up program supplies and donations as scheduled and requested.
- Responsible for payment of parking tickets and traffic violations.
- Participate in staff meetings when requested.
- Complete transportation log sheet.
- Assist with answering phones, emails, and taking messages.
- Ability to life 50 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or GED required. Commercial driver's license or Class E license and good driving record with working knowledge of city and county required. Experience with chemical dependency preferred but not required. CPR certified.