Clinical | St. Louis, MO | Full Time
The LPN will work directly with the Family Nurse Practitioner at Queen of Peace Center to provide a variety of services to our clients, including but not limited to:
- Assess consumers for acute physical issues
- Obtain medical history and vital signs
- Monitor basic health needs of clients and their children while in the program
- discuss and monitor medical concerns with clients, including pregnancy related issues
- Provide referrals to internal and external providers
- Educate clients on disease prevention, risk reduction and reproductive health issues
- Educate clients on medications that are prescribed to them
- reviewing physical health screenings, making referrals or coordinating prescriber reviews when indicated.
- medication administration, including IM injection
- Coordinate medication needs with pharmacies, including completion of Indigent medication applications
- Monitor physician orders for treatment modification and medication side effects
- Act as liaison between prescribers, consumers, laboratories, PCP’s, other health care providers, pharmacies and staff to ensure continuity of care.
- Coordinate medication refills with physicians and pharmacies
- Schedule and manage physician, psychiatry and FNP appointments
- Document all services accurate and concisely in the EHR
- Must be a License Practical Nurse in the state of Missouri
- 3 years of experience working in a residential setting, preferably in a substance use or mental health facility as a LPN
- Knowledge of substance use and behavioral health.
- BLS (Basic Life Support)
- This job is mainly Monday-Friday. There may be some on-call, but no holidays.