Early Childhood Teacher Assistant
Education & Prevention Services | St. Louis, MO | Part Time
Position Title: Early Childhood Teacher Assistant
Agency: Peace for Kids
Status: Part Time
The Archdiocese of Saint Louis has an opportunity for an afternoon teacher assistant in our preschool and toddler classrooms at Peace for Kids, a child development program under Queen of Peace Center. Queen of Peace Center is a substance abuse treatment center for women and their families. Peace for Kids is a licensed child care center that provides care to children in the community as well as clients of Queen of Peace Center.
- Responsible for providing safety and supervision of all children in care according to approved agency policies and procedures meeting Missouri licensing standards and MOA accreditation standards
- Assist the Lead teacher with planning and implementing a developmentally appropriate lesson plan
- Create a safe, supportive learning environment utilizing developmentally appropriate practices
- Assist with cleanliness and organization of the classroom environment
- Establish relationships with the children using positive, responsive care-giving and interactions and developmentally appropriate practices
Skills, Knowledge and Personal Qualities:
- Understands the principles of Developmentally Appropriate Practices
- has knowledge of the impact of trauma on children and brain development
- Demonstrates the ability to function as a team player
- ability to build a professional rapport with children in care, their families and coworkers
- Demonstrates good judgment and problem solving skills
- Communicates effectively with others
- Must be 18 years or older with high school diploma and completed a minimum of 3 college credit classes in ECE or related field and working towards an Associate Degree in Early Childhood or related field.
- Experience in a licensed and accredited child development center preferred.
- Must be able to sit, bend and stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift 30 lbs.